Mary-Beth Fisk, Vice President of the Texas Blood and Tissue Bank
With wide ranging and cutting edge discussion topics, Select Biosciences is offering the opportunity to initiate discussion at all levels of the Biobanking community.
The World Biobanking Summit is a well-established and respected conference and has been moving from strength to strength in recent years as a conference in its own right. As an integral part of the program for the European Lab Automation event, the World Biobanking Summit will discuss the challenges and successes associated with the storage of numerous sample types:
• Blood Banking
• Sample Storage and Collection
• Quality Assurance, Standardisation and Harmonisation of Biobanks
• Cancer Biobanking; Challenges, Opportunities and Developments
• Legal, Ethical and Regulatory Considerations
The symposium will allow delegates to discuss their current systems and processes, and is to be addressed by the keynote speakers Mary-Beth Fisk, Vice President of the Texas Blood and Tissue Bank who will discuss “Umbilical Cord Blood Collection, Processing and Storage”; and Malcolm Mason from Cardiff University, who will give a presentation entitled “Wither Biobanking for Cancer? Building Our Reserves or a Spending Spree.”
Delegates are offered the chance to join in the planned program of events by presenting their work in this area in the form of a poster presentation, with a deadline for the submission of presentations of the 20th May 2011.
In addition to the Conference sessions included within delegate registration package, the following training courses and market tutorial are available for further registration:
• Introduction to Laboratory Automation
• Implementing Laboratory Automation in Biobanks and Biotech Labs
• Adult Stem Cells, Cord Blood Stem Cells and Cellular Therapy Market Tutorial