Invitrogen EVOS FL Auto 2 Cell Imaging System
Featured Product ADVERTISEMENT Sep 01, 2017
A powerful, flexible, intuitive, fast, and fully automated system
Bring high performance and fast, automated imaging right to your lab bench with the Invitrogen™ EVOS™ FL Auto 2 Imaging System. This system has been designed with advanced capabilities to simplify demanding cell-based imaging applications such as live-cell imaging, image tiling, and Z-stacking, allowing researchers to focus on their data rather than instrument operation.
• Speed—scan a 96-well plate in 3 fluorescence channels in less than 3 minutes
• Flexibility—customise the system with more than 20 user changeable LED light cubes, dual cameras (monochrome and colour), a variety of objectives ranging from 1.25x to 100x, and multiple vessel holders
• Time-lapse live-cell imaging—onstage incubator option for precise control of temperature, humidity, and gases for normoxic or hypoxic conditions allows a wide range of biological studies under physiological conditions
Area view—move rapidly and seamlessly between single-field mode, low-, and high-magnification scan modes to easily define and capture the area of interest
• Automation—time-saving features such as autofocus, rapid stage movement, and automated routines
help reduce time to complete experiments, allowing high throughput, high data quality, and improved
• Data analysis—extensive quantitative imaging and statistical analysis in combination with Invitrogen™ Celleste™ Image Analysis Software, an optional advanced software package offering powerful tools for image segmentation and classification that can be used for cell counting and measuring intensity, area, and shape changes over time
Cell counting has traditionally been known to be laborious and inaccurate. With Celleste Image Analysis Software, cells can be counted in bright-field, colorimetric, or fluorescence mode. With the ability to capture cell counts over time, you can easily measure proliferation rates.
Following cell viability over time can assist in evaluating the potency of cytotoxic compounds as part of cancer drug screening or just as part of good cell maintenance protocols.
Time-lapse fluorescence microscopy on the EVOS FL Auto 2 Imaging System enables reliable and
straightforward visualisation of the cytoskeleton, in both fixed and live-cell systems.
Membrane permeability is one of the first steps in the programmed cell-death pathway. It’s part of both normal and pathological processes. With the EVOS FL Auto 2 Imaging System and Onstage Incubator, induction of apoptosis and death can be measured over time by combining nuclear staining of membrane impermeable DNA stains and a capsase sensor.
Quantitating cell numbers at various cell cycle checkpoints are integral for cancer research. Researchers looking for cell cycle developmental changes or modulators of the cell cycle can use Celleste Image Analysis Software to monitor for changes in intensity and colour as cells go through the different cell cycle phases.
Tissue formation during embryonic development, wound healing, and immune responses all require the orchestrated movement of cells in particular directions to specific locations. Cells often migrate in response to specific external signals, including chemical signals and mechanical signals. An understanding of the mechanism by which cells migrate may lead to the development of novel therapeutic strategies for controlling, for example, invasive tumour cells. Combining the EVOS FL Auto 2 time-lapse live cell capabilities with the wound-healing measurement on Celleste software, allows generation of wound-healing data, over time, with the touch of a button.
The EVOS FL Auto 2 allows for the investigation of multiple factors that affect adipogenesis. For example, time-lapse images and Celleste software functionality can be combined to show increased adiposome number and size over time, as they are differentiated into adipocytes with differentiation media.