Thermo Scientific™ Q Exactive™ HF-X Mass Spectrometer
The newly opened U.S. Precision Medicine Science Center (PMSC) in Cambridge, Mass. offers access to advanced "omics" technologies and expertise to help collaborators develop analytical workflows that generate precise molecular profiles of patients. The information will ultimately be used in clinical settings to more effectively treat disease.
In addition to providing access to the industry’s most advanced analytical technologies, PMSC scientists offer complementary expertise around the development of standard protocols, all designed to help collaborators quickly progress from biomarker discovery to assay development. The goal of the PMSC is to accelerate R&D for precision medicine projects based on standardized workflows and innovative analytical capabilities.
The PMSC offers access to advanced technologies spanning genomic, proteomic and metabolomic analysis. From analyzing genomic data with next-generation sequencers to identifying proteins and metabolites using advanced mass spectrometry, collaborators can rapidly move from research to clinical workflow development. With support from the PMSC, scientists can:
- Put complex analytical technologies at the center of simplified workflows
- Generate reproducible research with an emphasis on scalability and, ultimately, clinical utility
- Enable processes that produce the highest quality data, consistently
- Change the culture of method sharing so a larger community can benefit
- Overcome lack of technical expertise as a barrier to discovery by quickly accessing the best tools and skillsets needed.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.