Cellular Dynamics to Host Annual iForum™ Meetings
News Aug 14, 2015
Cellular Dynamics International, Inc. (CDI) will host the annual iForum™ 2015 Meeting: US on September 14-16 in Chicago, IL. With the rapidly growing interest in and use of iPSCs over recent years in drug discovery and cell therapy applications, iForum 2015 Meetings represent a natural evolution of the former CDI User Group Meetings. The iForum 2015 Meeting: Europe is slated to be held in Hamburg, Germany, on October 19.
iForum meetings, with the tagline Connect│Discover│Innovate, provide a unique opportunity to connect with thought leaders from academia, government, biotech and pharma. Attendees will discover new applications and innovative uses for induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC)-derived human cells through interactive, data-driven presentations.
• Session topics include disease modeling and drug discovery, toxicity, and tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. For a list of confirmed speakers, please refer to the meeting website.
• Registration is open for the iForum 2015 Meetings in Chicago and Germany.
• Scientific poster submissions are now being accepted for the iForum 2015 Meetings in both the Chicago and Germany locations.
• iForum meetings include lunch roundtable sessions, which facilitate networking and learning. Topics include:
o Regenerative medicine
o in vitro clinical trials
o Advantages and disadvantages of ready-made vs. homebrew iPSC-derived cells
o The Comprehensive in vitro Proarrhythmia Assay (CIPA) initiative to replace the current S7B regulatory guideline
o Central nervous system disease modeling
o Liver disease modeling
o Cardiac disease modeling
o Skeletal muscular disease modeling
• Sponsors of the iForum 2015 Meeting: US include Axion Biosystems, ACEA Bioscience, WiCell Research Institute, Hitachi, and Greiner Bio-One.
Attendees of the iForum 2015 Meeting: US will have the opportunity to judge photos of iCell® and MyCell® cells that are being submitted in a contest sponsored by CDI with the goal of using the winning images in a CDI 2016-2017 wall calendar.