Cellular Dynamics to Host Annual iForum™ Meetings
News Aug 14, 2015
Cellular Dynamics International, Inc. (CDI) will host the annual iForum™ 2015 Meeting: US on September 14-16 in Chicago, IL. With the rapidly growing interest in and use of iPSCs over recent years in drug discovery and cell therapy applications, iForum 2015 Meetings represent a natural evolution of the former CDI User Group Meetings. The iForum 2015 Meeting: Europe is slated to be held in Hamburg, Germany, on October 19.
iForum meetings, with the tagline Connect│Discover│Innovate, provide a unique opportunity to connect with thought leaders from academia, government, biotech and pharma. Attendees will discover new applications and innovative uses for induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC)-derived human cells through interactive, data-driven presentations.
• Session topics include disease modeling and drug discovery, toxicity, and tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. For a list of confirmed speakers, please refer to the meeting website.
• Registration is open for the iForum 2015 Meetings in Chicago and Germany.
• Scientific poster submissions are now being accepted for the iForum 2015 Meetings in both the Chicago and Germany locations.
• iForum meetings include lunch roundtable sessions, which facilitate networking and learning. Topics include:
o Regenerative medicine
o in vitro clinical trials
o Advantages and disadvantages of ready-made vs. homebrew iPSC-derived cells
o The Comprehensive in vitro Proarrhythmia Assay (CIPA) initiative to replace the current S7B regulatory guideline
o Central nervous system disease modeling
o Liver disease modeling
o Cardiac disease modeling
o Skeletal muscular disease modeling
• Sponsors of the iForum 2015 Meeting: US include Axion Biosystems, ACEA Bioscience, WiCell Research Institute, Hitachi, and Greiner Bio-One.
Attendees of the iForum 2015 Meeting: US will have the opportunity to judge photos of iCell® and MyCell® cells that are being submitted in a contest sponsored by CDI with the goal of using the winning images in a CDI 2016-2017 wall calendar.
Switch Discovered to Convert Blood Vessels to Blood Stem Cells During Embryonic DevelopmentNews
Findings could aid research into creating new blood cells for transplants and understanding cancer metastasis.READ MORE
Unraveling How Mesenchymal Stem Cells From Gum Tissue Accelerate Wound HealingNews
To assist with wound healing, mesenchymal stem cells from the gum tissue secrete extracellular vesicles that contain the anti-inflammatory signaling molecule IL-1RA.READ MORE
Mending Broken Hearts with Cardiomyocyte MoldsNews
A team of researchers at Michigan Technological University in collaboration with Harvard Medical School, shows how cardiomyocytes grown in a heart-like environment mature more quickly, have improved functionality and are less likely to be rejected by patients’ bodies.READ MORE
Comments | 0 ADD COMMENT
6th Annual Congress on Biology and Medicine of Molecules
Sep 17 - Sep 18, 2018
International Conference on Molecular Biology and Stem Cells
Aug 13 - Aug 15, 2018
World Congress on Plant Science and Molecular Biology
Sep 12 - Sep 13, 2018