Validated and Stable Ion Channels Cell Lines for Gene and Function Researches
Product News Dec 06, 2013
Ion channels are pore-forming membrane proteins. Hundreds of different types of ion channel have been identified in the membranes of all biological cells. They are reliable and invaluable tools for safety assessment and are available in various cellular backgrounds.
Ion channels are essential for life and play a fundamental role in physiological and biological processes, nervous system, cells, drug target/delivery etc. A multitude of diseases result from the disruption of normal ion channel function. Disorders resulting from a mutation in the gene encoding an ion channel or its regulatory proteins are called channelopathies. Common channelopathies include cystic fibrosis, long QT syndrome and epilepsy. Ion channels are also involved in non-genetic diseases, such as diarrhea, which is mediated by toxicological effects on ion channel function.
Creative Biomart’s well-established technique allows expression in cell lines at over a million molecules per cell surface and allows in-depth studies of biophysical properties of ion channels as well as functional studies on proteins.
These ion channels products are validated for gene, protein, structure, function, and pharmacology. And their performance is characterized. The product lines include:
- 5-HT3 receptors
- Acid-sensing (proton-gated) ion channels
- Calcium-activated potassium channels
- Chloride channels
- Cyclic nucleotide-regulated channels
- Epithelial sodium channels
- GABAA receptors
- Inward rectifier potassium channels
- Ionotropic purinergic receptors
- Ligand-gated cation channels
- Nicotinic acetylcholine receptors
- Transient Receptor Potential channels
- Voltage-gated calcium channels
- Voltage-gated potassium channels
- Voltage-gated sodium channels
Creative Biomart offers the products to help you uncover the function of these channels and elucidate their role in disease.