384-Well Option Now Available for Applied Biosystems QuantStudio 7 Pro Dx Real-Time PCR System
A 384-well option is now available for the Applied Biosystems QuantStudio 7 Pro Dx Real-Time PCR System*, providing greater flexibility for assay design and molecular diagnostic testing.
Thermo Fisher Scientific first introduced the new in vitro (IVD) system in the U.S. in November of 2021 to enable easy transition from assay development to routine molecular diagnostic testing on a single system. With the additional format option, users can easily interchange between 96-well and 384-well blocks. This flexibility enables users to expand their assay menus and increase throughput as needed.
“Clinical diagnostic labs increasingly rely on qPCR for applications such as infectious disease and oncology diagnostics. We are continuing to innovate and expand our IVD instrument portfolio to meet their needs. The Applied Biosystems QuantStudio 7 Pro Dx Real-Time PCR System is an ideal solution to support labs focused on assay development or clinical molecular diagnostic testing,” said Fernando Beils, vice president and general manager of qPCR instruments at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
IVD assay development and molecular diagnostic testing in clinical laboratory settings, including hospital labs, independent diagnostic labs, reference labs, and government/public health labs.
- Automation compatible: Designed to work with an entire workflow, both 96- and 384-well blocks can be integrated with any level of automation, including liquid handling for continuous plate-loading and API interfaces.
- Increased flexibility: Interchangeable blocks enable labs to increase throughput as needed to support higher test volumes. This functionality is particularly important in infectious disease monitoring, where testing volumes can increase dramatically during seasonal peaks.
- Reduced manual setup: Clinical-focused qPCR workflow helps reduce user errors.
- Integrated ADF software: Diomni software enables users to create, publish and manage assay definition files (ADFs), providing an intuitive interface to easily set up runs, configure assay parameters and analyze plates.
- Touchscreen-enabled: Point-of-operation controls for assay layout, data analysis and report processing without a computer.
- User friendly: Remote desktop controls, facial authentication and voice command for fast ramp-up and ease of use by laboratory technicians.
- Improved productivity: Remote support to easily share log and run files while troubleshooting to maintain testing volumes.
*For in vitro diagnostic use. Available in the U.S. only.