Agilent Launches its Most Robust Triple Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer
Product News Jun 02, 2015
Agilent Technologies Inc., in conjunction with this week’s 2015 ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics, has introduced the latest addition to its family of mass spectrometry and liquid chromatography systems: the Agilent 6470 Triple Quadrupole LC/MS.
Engineered to be the company’s most robust triple quadrupole system ever, the 6470 delivers attogram-level sensitivity and accurate quantitation with up to six orders of linear dynamic range.
The system’s precision and reliability make it an ideal choice for food testing, environmental, pharmaceutical and clinical research applications.
“The Agilent 6470 demonstrates our commitment to continually increasing the sensitivity and robustness of our instruments,” said Jim Yano, marketing vice president of Agilent’s Mass Spectrometry Division. “Paired with the Agilent 1290 Infinity II LC and high-capacity multisampler, the 6470 supports high-throughput labs with ultrafast LC/MS analyses, reliable 24/7 operation and increased productivity.”
Yano noted that researchers need to meet stringent quantitation demands, including analytical workflows that require time-consuming sample preparation and complex matrices that may contribute to inconsistent results. The 6470 addresses those problems, he said, with several advanced technologies:
• built-in Jet Stream technology, which delivers 5x the sensitivity of traditional electrospray ionization;
• enhanced Q1 ion optics with optimized prefilter geometry, which increase ion transmission to reduce contamination;
• a tapered hexapole collision cell, enabling effective collection and transmission of fragment ions;
• an ion detector with a high-energy conversion dynode and low nose characteristics, promoting more efficient positive and negative ion detection and mass range; and
• powerfulMassHunter data handling software, including triggered MRM, which helps increase analytical confidence.
For high-efficiency ion generation and ion sampling, users can add Agilent’s exclusive iFunnel technology, effectively transforming the 6470 into a top-of-the-line system without having to buy a whole new instrument.
The new system also offers enhanced software tools to easily manage samples, optimize methods, process data and share knowledge with colleagues.