New ‘Supermix’ Controls Totally Streamline QC in Medical Laboratories
Product News Oct 15, 2013
The new controls, Acusera Liquid Assayed Chemistry Premium and Premium Plus, are designed to drastically cut the number of individual quality controls (QC) a laboratory needs to run in routine medical testing. Using the Randox controls laboratories can run QC on up to 100 analytes all within one test, without compromising performance or accuracy.
The concept of offering multi-analyte controls is not new. However, these latest assayed controls from Randox are the most comprehensive on the world market to date, containing a unique combination of proteins, lipids, immunoassays, cardiac markers, blood markers, therapeutic drugs and routine chemistry analytes.
The Acusera Chemistry Premium Plus control contains 100 analytes, whilst the Acusera Chemistry Premium control offers 91, with the following features:
• The high levels of CRP and other key proteins included eliminate the need for multiple controls, dramatically streamlining QC in laboratories.
• They are assayed controls, providing clinically significant values for a wide range of analysers at key decision points.
• Both controls are liquid for ease of use, eliminating possible reconstitution errors and improving lab efficiency.
• Available in 3 concentration levels (low, mid and high), Premium Plus covers the full clinical range, removing the need for laboratories to purchase additional, and often expensive, low or high level controls.
• The controls are highly stable when stored at -20 to -70°C with open vial stability of up to 7 days at +2-8°c, reducing wastage in laboratories.
• They are manufactured using human-based serum, ensuring performance that closely mirrors patient samples.
• As true third party controls, laboratories are assured of truly unbiased, independent assessment of analytical performance and as such help deliver highly accurate results and patient diagnosis.
The controls are now available in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Far East and Africa. Randox is currently awaiting product approval from the US FDA and China SFDA.
‘These new assayed controls will be hugely beneficial to medical laboratories running a wide range of routine patient tests, allowing them to consolidate all or the majority of their QC within one control. ’ said Dr John Campbell, BSc, PhD
Steven Jordan, Randox’s Global Manager for QC, commented, ‘Randox reputation as a leading global provider of quality controls takes another step forward with the launch of Acusera Liquid Chemistry Premium and Premium Plus. We’re delighted to be pushing the boundaries of quality control, helping laboratories improve their performance and productivity whilst ensuring highly accurate results and improving patient diagnosis.’