Reducing the Challenges Facing Pharmaceutical QC Analysts
In today’s pharmaceutical QC laboratories, QC analysts face a myriad of challenges. QC analysts are required to execute and document a series of complex tasks in compliance with a stringent set of standards and regulations, while addressing the added pressures of increasing throughput often with reduced levels of staffing and training. Other stressors on the analyst include generation of out-of-specification results, access to instrumentation, instrument downtime, and inefficient workflows. These challenges may result in risks to data integrity, decreased productivity, and increased analyst burnout and turnover.
Today’s technology provides the means to reduce errors, improve productivity and efficiency, and ensure data integrity, thus decreasing the burden on the QC analyst. An example of this technology is the Waters Alliance iS HPLC system. The system was specifically created for the QC laboratory and will assist QC analysts performing HPLC analyses by:
- Reducing up to 40% of common errors*
- Providing fast, simple guidance the point of need
- Increasing productivity and efficiency through resource utilization and error free operation
- Driving workflow efficiencies
- Improving data integrity.
*Based on Waters’ market research in 2022, surveying 56 global pharma QC labs running >25 systems.
By watching this Teach Me in 10 you will learn about the challenges faced by pharmaceutical QC analysts and how the Waters Alliance iS HPLC system can help reduce errors, improve productivity, and ensure data integrity, thus decreasing the burden on the QC analyst.
- Brochure: Alliance iS HPLC System
- Application Note: Improved Chlorhexidine Carryover Performance Using the Alliance iS HPLC System
- Application Note: Method Migration of the USP Ibuprofen Assay and Organic Impurities Method to an Alliance iS HPLC System
- Application Note: Achieving Method Modernization with the New Liquid Chromatographic Gradient Allowances Provided by USP General Chapter <621> Chromatography and the Alliance iS HPLC System
- Application Note: Simultaneous Determination of Naphazoline Hydrochloride and Pheniramine Maleate along with their Related Compounds by High Performance Liquid Chromatography on an Alliance iS HPLC System