7th Annual Pharmaceutical Microbiology Conference
Event Jan 22 - Jan 23, 2018
Venue: HOLIDAY INN KENSINGTON FORUM
Location: London, UK
SMi’s 7th annual Pharmaceutical Microbiology UK conference will provide attendees essential indicators for Quality Assurance and Quality Control whilst presenting that latest information on protecting pharmaceutical and healthcare products from spoilage by microorganisms, and protecting patients and consumers.
This year’s event will provide an in-depth overview of the function of the pharmaceutical microbiologist and what they need to know, from regulatory filing and GMP, to laboratory design and management, and risk assessment tools and techniques. These key aspects are discussed through a series of dedicated presentations, keynote sessions and workshops, with topics covering biofilms, validation, data analysis, bioburden, toxins, microbial identification, mycoplasma testing, and contamination control.
CHAIRS FOR 2018
- Oliver Chancel, Sterility and Aseptic Process, Assurance Expert, Merial Sas
- Andrew Bartko, Research Leader, Battelle Memorial Institute
Expert Speaker Line-Up Includes:
- Renate Rosengarten, Professor and Chair of Bacteriology and Hygiene, University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna
- Ingo Spreitzer, Deputy Head Section Microbial Safety, Paul-Ehrlich Institute
- Ruth Daniels, Senior Scientist Microbiology, Janssen
- Jeremy Webb, Professor of Microbiology, Principal Investigator (Biofilms and Microbial Communities), University of Southampton
- Ian Symonds, Head Aseptic Intelligence and Strategy, GSK
- Shahram Lavasani, CEO & Founder, ImmuneBiotech
Exclusive highlights in 2018:
- Hear about new mycoplasma testing methods to optimise contamination control
- Gain insight from a regulatory perspective on ways to make testing methods compliant
- Explore actual implementation of rapid microbial methods within a laboratory setting, that meet regulatory requirements
- Gain an in-depth understanding of biofilms and why they pose such an issue in terms of drug development and delivery
- Receive updates on the current research being done to circumvent the issues posed by biofilms
Other event highlights include TWO exclusive post-conference interactive workshops carefully selected to enhance your conference experience and encourage personal and professional development. Places are strictly limited to ensure optimal learning for attendees.
Workshop A – Objectionable Organisms – What, Why, Who, How?
Wednesday 24th January 2018 | 08.30 – 12.30
Workshop Leaders: Benoit Ramond, Senior Microbiology Expert, Sanofi
Workshop B – Rapid Microbial Methods
Wednesday 24th January 2018 | 13.30 – 17.30
Workshop Leaders: Andrew Bartko, Research Leader, Battelle Memorial Institute
Organisers: SMi Group
Tel: +44 (0) 207 827 6012