12th annual Parallel Trade
Event Feb 06 - Feb 07, 2018
Venue: Holiday Inn Kensington Forum
Location: London, UK
SMi Group is proud to announce the return of Europe’s only Parallel Trade conference. Back for the 12th year, Parallel Trade returns to London on 6th-7th February 2018.
Over the years, the European Single market has allowed for pharmaceuticals to be imported and exported freely between member states without the permission of the manufacturers. However, with the arrival of Brexit and guidelines to immanently enforce the Falsified Medicines Directive (FMD) by 2019, the market for pharmaceutical parallel trade is changing.
Join us as we discuss the latest changes to regulation, their implementation and major court cases in intellectual property influencing distribution practices. We will also be exploring the safety of patients in relation to the surge in pharmaceutical E-commerce and ways in which currency fluctuations are likely to disrupt the flow of drugs to certain countries in the EU and beyond.
With huge interest from leaders in the field, we have worked closely with an expert panel of speakers to present an agenda that is shaping up to be the best Parallel Trade event. This year's event will continue to lead with its unrivalled panel of experts bringing you the most insightful presentations from our confirmed Industry-leading speakers:
- Antonio Mendonca Alves, CEO, Md Pharma Sa
- Christopher Stothers, Partner, Arnold And Porter Kaye Scholer Llp
- Darragh O'loughlin, Secretary General, Irish Pharmacy Union
- Eric Noehrenberg, President, Noehrenberg International Policy Consulting
- Fabrizio Gianfrate, Professor of Health Economics, University of Ferrara
- Farasat Bokhari, Senior Lecturer in Economics, Uea, University of East Anglia
- Felipe Florez-Arango, Head of Finance, Europe, Shire
- Frank Weissenfeldt, Senior Manager, Supplier Relations, Quintilesims
- Heinz Kobelt, Director European Affairs, European Association of Euro-Pharmaceutical
- Ian Walker, Chairman, Epilepsy Action
- Janice Haigh, VP Pricing & Market Access, Parexel
- John Jolley, Managing Director, Pharmaconsult Global Ltd
- Mikas Rimantas, Business Development Director, Lexano
- Werner Berg, Partner, Baker & Mckenzie
Parallel Trade will address short term versus long term concerns of pharmaceutical manufacturers, regulators, parallel traders and patient associations.
The 2018 Parallel Trade conference will cover the important issues of:
- Maintaining the integrity of the supply chain
- Addressing recent developments concerning intellectual property and regulatory law
- Forecasting currency fluctuations across the single market and the affect this might have on drug shortages, prices and patient accessibility
- Exploring how Brexit will impact pharmaceutical trade and market access in Europe
- Providing an insight into current anti-trust investigations from industry leaders and the consequences this could have on pharmaceutical parallel trade