Agilent Technologies Inc. has introduced the first portfolio of internet-based Intelligent Services.
Agilent Intelligent Services are designed to enable users to utilize their instruments effectively, resolve problems efficiently, avoid unscheduled shutdowns and make their life science and chemical analysis labs productive.
"We’ve designed a highly effective way for our customers to get expert service, sometimes even before they know they have a problem," said May Van, vice president and general manager of Agilent’s Laboratory Services Solutions business.
"Intelligent Services introduce a platform on which all of our services advance to a new level of responsiveness and expertise."
Agilent’s Intelligent Repair service combines standard features of Agilent’s extended hardware warranty, such as on-site repair, phone support and consumables for repair, as well as new capabilities, including:
- Push for Help: Users can click a Help button on their PC and Agilent experts automatically receive the customer contact information (operator name, problem description, preferred form of contact), instrument and system information, and real-time instrument status.
- Real Time Collaboration: Online, real-time collaboration lets Agilent experts remotely diagnose and solve problems in accordance with customer guidelines and security procedures.
Agilent service specialists can even provide remote control of instruments for a previously unattainable level of service.
Agilent’s Intelligent Connections service builds on the Intelligent Repair service, adding software support and standard preventative maintenance.
It also includes Basic Asset Report, which provides each customer with a snapshot of real-time instrument usage and utilization.
Customers can instantly see such details as seal wear, lamp burn time, number of valve cycles and number of sample injections for exact knowledge of when maintenance is needed and whether lab resources are being used effectively.
For regulated pharmaceutical industries, Intelligent Connections Plus helps keep labs operating within rigorous quality and regulatory requirements. It adds Agilent’s compliance services for operational qualification, performance verification and re-qualification.
Agilent’s Intelligent Services offer capabilities that are designed to allow remote devices to exchange information with users and Agilent’s Customer Call Centers, providing instrument performance and diagnostic information.
The transfer and handling of this information follows the same industry-accepted security as financial transactions. With the Agilent Intelligence Services Gateway installed within the customer’s firewall, customers are in complete control of data flow and instrument access.
Security features include:
- Customer-selected access methods that provide only the access needed without providing exposure to sensitive information.
- Firewall-friendly infrastructure that includes proxy support, encryption and authentication (SSL).
- Detailed auditing that tracks the user, the duration of the session and a description of activity.
Agilent Intelligent Services are available now on the Agilent 1200 Series Rapid Resolution liquid chromatography system, which is designed to provide up to 20 times faster analysis and 60 percent higher resolution than conventional LC systems.
Agilent plans to expand Intelligent Services to include all Agilent and selected non-Agilent instruments.