AstraZeneca Announces Changes to Senior Executive Team
News Jan 28, 2013
AstraZeneca has unveiled changes to its executive leadership team. The new, expanded membership of AstraZeneca’s Senior Executive Team, which comes into effect immediately, includes increased representation of the company’s scientific expertise, key products and key markets.
The changes include the creation of:
• Three senior research and development roles responsible for discovery and early stage development in small molecules; discovery and early stage development in biologics; and late stage development.
• Three roles representing the commercial regions: North America, Europe and International.
• A role responsible for global portfolio and product strategy, bridging between the R&D and sales organization.
As a result of the changes, two senior roles - President of Research and Development, held by Martin Mackay, and Executive Vice President, Global Commercial, held by Tony Zook - have been eliminated. Martin Mackay and Tony Zook will leave the company at the end of January.
The full Senior Executive Team is as follows:
• Pascal Soriot Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director
• Simon Lowth Chief Financial Officer and Executive Director
• Mene Pangalos Executive Vice President, Innovative Medicines
• Bahija Jallal Executive Vice President, MedImmune
• Briggs Morrison Executive Vice President, Global Medicines Development
• Paul Hudson Executive Vice President, North America
• Ruud Dobber Executive Vice President, Europe
• Mark Mallon Executive Vice President, International
• David Smith Executive Vice President, Operations & IS
• Lynn Tetrault Executive Vice President, Human Resources & Corporate Affairs
• Katarina Ageborg Chief Compliance Officer
• Jeff Pott General Counsel
The appointment of Executive Vice President, Global Portfolio & Product Strategy will be made at a later date.
Pascal Soriot, Chief Executive Officer, said: “This new senior executive team structure, that draws heavily from the leadership talent within the company, enables us to bring an even sharper management focus to key pipeline assets, key brands and key markets, and helps us further accelerate decision-making.”
Commenting on Martin Mackay and Tony Zook, Pascal Soriot said: “I would like to thank Martin and Tony for their contribution and the exemplary leadership they have shown in their time at AstraZeneca. We wish them well in their future endeavours.”
Details of AstraZeneca’s Senior Executive Team, including biographies, can be found on the company’s web site at www.astrazeneca.com/About-Us/Board-and-management.
Diabetic Ketoacidosis Assay Collaboration Between Ortho Clinical Diagnostics and EKF DiagnosticsNews
EKF’s Beta-Hydroxybutyrate LiquiColor® Assay for detection of predominant ketone body now available on Ortho’s VITROS® 4600 Chemistry System and VITROS® 5600 Integrated System.READ MORE
Key Cancer-Linked Proteins Thought to be ‘Undruggable’ Until NowNews
A new study published in Nature, conducted by an alliance between industry and academia involving the University of Liverpool, highlights a new approach to targeting key cancer-linked proteins, thought to be ‘undruggable’.READ MORE
Researchers Reveal How Superbug Secretes It’s ToxinNews
Monash University’s Biomedicine Discovery Institute (BDI) researchers have created the first high-resolution structure depicting a crucial part of the ‘superbug’ Pseudomonas aeruginosa. The image identifies the ‘nanomachine’ used by the highly virulent bacteria to secrete toxins, pointing the way for drug design targeting this.READ MORE
Comments | 0 ADD COMMENT
Annual Conference on Antimicrobials and Drug Resistance
Sep 24 - Sep 25, 2018
1st Alpine Winter Conference on Medicinal and Synthetic Chemistry
Jan 28 - Feb 01, 2018