BioPharma Asia Convention 2012 Kicks Off in Singapore
News Mar 20, 2012
Through 19 - 22 March 2012, the annual BioPharma Asia Convention 2012 will take centre stage, providing a platform for the biopharma industry to find the right partners for their business needs at Marina Bay Sands, Singapore.
BioPharma Asia Convention 2012 is the region’s definitive strategic convention for the entire biopharmaceutical value chain, from partnering to drug discovery, manufacturing and clinical trials. Over 4000 biopharmaceutical professionals will convene to discuss the industry’s hottest issues, investment and partnership opportunities.
Partnering with Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA), Innovation Ireland, Georgian National Investments Agency, Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency, Korea International Trade Association (KITA), and China Investment Promotion Agency (CIPA), BioPharma Asia Convention 2012 will be a diverse platform, opening up multiple levels of opportunities for the industry.
Irish Minister for Public Expenditure & Reform, Brendan Howlin, Nicolas Franco, Executive Vice President of Actelion, Erich Mohr, Chief Executive Officer of MedGenesis Therapeutix, Choon Choe Seong, Senior Vice President, Chief Medical Officer, Hanall BioPharma, are among the many C-level executives who will gather at the CEO Breakfast Forum on 21 March 2012. With a central theme of Partnerships & Business Expansion -Exploring Regulatory Roles & Innovative Responsibilities, these C-level executives will engage in deep discussions on company expansions and investment opportunities in Asia’s biopharmaceutical industry.
Back for the fifth year, BioPharma Asia Convention 2012 will feature top distinguished and influential industry experts such as:
• Andreas Busch, Member of the Bayer HealthCare Executive Committee and Head of Global Drug Discovery, Bayer HealthCare, Germany
• Anand Tharmaratham, Senior Vice President and Head of Asia Markets, Clinical Development, Quintiles, Singapore
• Chihiro Yokota, Corporate Executive, Global Head of Business Development/Licensing & Alliances, Astellas Pharma, Japan
• Saloman Azoulay, Senior Vice President, Medical and Development, Emerging Markets/Established Products Business Units, Pfizer, USA
• Greg Guyer, Senior Vice President, Global Quality, Merck, USA
• Paul Coleman, Chief Executive Officer, Bio Business Unit, Hanwha Chemical, Korea
• Atushi Nagahisa, President & Chief Executive Officer, RaQualia, Japan
• Yuan Xu, Vice President and Head of Biotherapuetics, Novartis, USA
• Bob Elliot, Medical Director, Living Cell Technologies, New Zealand
• Anders Ekblom, Executive Vice President, Science and Technology, AstraZeneca, Sweden
• Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Chairman & Managing Director, Biocon, India
Immune Response Restored in Patients with Melanoma Thanks to New CompoundNews
A novel compound may restore immune response in patients with melanoma, according to a study presented at the ESMO Immuno Oncology Congress 2017.READ MORE
Progressive Kidney Disease: New Compound Restores Kidney FunctionNews
A team led by researchers describe a new approach to prevent death in these essential kidney cells. Studying multiple animal models of kidney disease, the team discovered a compound that can impede loss of the filtration cells and restore kidney function.READ MORE
3D Mini Brains Accelerate Drug Screening and Brain Function ResearchNews
Houston Methodist neuroscientist Robert Krencik, Ph.D., and his team have developed a new system to reduce the time it takes to grow these brain models, which will give them the ability to screen drugs and study what’s behind disease-causing mutations more quickly.READ MORE