BioPharma Asia Convention 2012 Kicks Off in Singapore
News Mar 20, 2012
Through 19 - 22 March 2012, the annual BioPharma Asia Convention 2012 will take centre stage, providing a platform for the biopharma industry to find the right partners for their business needs at Marina Bay Sands, Singapore.
BioPharma Asia Convention 2012 is the region’s definitive strategic convention for the entire biopharmaceutical value chain, from partnering to drug discovery, manufacturing and clinical trials. Over 4000 biopharmaceutical professionals will convene to discuss the industry’s hottest issues, investment and partnership opportunities.
Partnering with Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA), Innovation Ireland, Georgian National Investments Agency, Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency, Korea International Trade Association (KITA), and China Investment Promotion Agency (CIPA), BioPharma Asia Convention 2012 will be a diverse platform, opening up multiple levels of opportunities for the industry.
Irish Minister for Public Expenditure & Reform, Brendan Howlin, Nicolas Franco, Executive Vice President of Actelion, Erich Mohr, Chief Executive Officer of MedGenesis Therapeutix, Choon Choe Seong, Senior Vice President, Chief Medical Officer, Hanall BioPharma, are among the many C-level executives who will gather at the CEO Breakfast Forum on 21 March 2012. With a central theme of Partnerships & Business Expansion -Exploring Regulatory Roles & Innovative Responsibilities, these C-level executives will engage in deep discussions on company expansions and investment opportunities in Asia’s biopharmaceutical industry.
Back for the fifth year, BioPharma Asia Convention 2012 will feature top distinguished and influential industry experts such as:
• Andreas Busch, Member of the Bayer HealthCare Executive Committee and Head of Global Drug Discovery, Bayer HealthCare, Germany
• Anand Tharmaratham, Senior Vice President and Head of Asia Markets, Clinical Development, Quintiles, Singapore
• Chihiro Yokota, Corporate Executive, Global Head of Business Development/Licensing & Alliances, Astellas Pharma, Japan
• Saloman Azoulay, Senior Vice President, Medical and Development, Emerging Markets/Established Products Business Units, Pfizer, USA
• Greg Guyer, Senior Vice President, Global Quality, Merck, USA
• Paul Coleman, Chief Executive Officer, Bio Business Unit, Hanwha Chemical, Korea
• Atushi Nagahisa, President & Chief Executive Officer, RaQualia, Japan
• Yuan Xu, Vice President and Head of Biotherapuetics, Novartis, USA
• Bob Elliot, Medical Director, Living Cell Technologies, New Zealand
• Anders Ekblom, Executive Vice President, Science and Technology, AstraZeneca, Sweden
• Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Chairman & Managing Director, Biocon, India
Research Team Discovers Compound that Stops Cancer From SpreadingNews
Using a mouse model, OHSU physician-scientists lead effort to hone a drug that inhibits cancer cells from spreading to other areas in the body.READ MORE
PhoreMost and o2h Discovery Collaborate to Progress First-in-Class Drug Discovery ProgramsNews
PhoreMost, the UK-based biopharmaceutical company dedicated to drugging ‘undruggable’ disease targets, announced it has entered into a collaboration with o2h discovery (o2h), an Anglo-Indian medicinal chemistry company that has in-house capability to take drug discovery programmes to the IND filing stage.READ MORE
Simple Sugar Prevents Neurodegeneration in Lysosomal Storage DiseaseNews
New therapeutic approach may one day delay neurodegeneration typical of a disease called mucopolysaccharidoses IIIB (MPS IIIB)READ MORE