ELRIG Announces Speaker Programme for Drug Discovery 2012 Conference
During the event, scientists engaged in early-phase drug discovery, whether from academia, biotech or industry, will have a chance to network and meet with a wide selection of vendors during the exhibition which features over 100 booths, an Innovation Zone, Media Area and Careers Zone.
A programme of scientific sessions will feature presentations from a range of academic and industry leaders in their fields, including the following keynote speakers:
• Chris Lipinski, Massechusetts University (Assay Development and Screening)
• Rod Hubbard, Vernalis (Fragment Discovery for Enzyme & Membrane Targets)
• Michael Schneider, Imperial College London (Primary Cells & Stem Cells in Discovery)
• John Mayer, Nottingham University (Ubiquitin Cascade Biology & Drug Discovery)
• Speaker to be confirmed (Advances in Liquid Handling & Detection Technologies)
• Joerg Heuser, Bayer (Compound Collection Management & Enhancement)
• Nessa Carey, Pfizer (Epigenetics Drug Discovery)
• Manfred Auer, Edinburgh University (Biophysics & Label Free Detection Technologies).
New at this year’s event is a Lunchtime Seminar: in collaboration with SLAS, titled ‘Informatics: Making Knowledge from Laboratory Data’. The presentations will be complemented by a poster session, and a number of vendor training sessions.
At this year’s event, students, graduates and post-docs are again invited to compete for the SLAS Young Scientist Award by submitting a poster at the conference. The winner, selected by a panel of judges including scientists, ELRIG and SLAS personnel, will be invited to present and participate in the Student Poster Competition at the SLAS2013, in Orlando, FL, USA, 12-16 January 2013. SLAS Young Scientist Award winners receive a $500 cash prize, roundtrip airfare, hotel accommodation and conference registration for SLAS2013.