e-Therapeutics Outlines Goals for 2012
News Mar 01, 2012
Drug discovery and development company e-Therapeutics plc provides an update on its goals and expectations for 2012.
• Four drugs to enter clinical trials
- ETS2101 (anti-cancer drug; phase I programme starting in Q1)
- ETX1153c (phase I trial for C. difficile infection starting in Q2)
- ETS6103 (anti-depressant; phase IIb trial starting in Q3)
- ETX1153a (phase I trial in MRSA starting in Q4)
• First data expected from clinical trials programme
- ETS2101 - initial findings from phase I programme in Q4
- ETX1153c - phase I data in Q4
e-Therapeutics’ CEO, Professor Malcolm Young, said: “This is an important year for e-Therapeutics, as we advance multiple drugs into the clinic and look forward to the first data from our programme of trials. We remain equally focused on drug discovery, where our strengthened team is on track to deliver new candidates for development next year.”
An overview of the Company’s strategy, drug discovery platform and clinical development programmes will be presented by Professor Young at the Biotech Showcase Conference at the Parc 55 Wyndham Hotel in San Francisco on Wednesday 11 January at 10.30 am PST.
Animal venoms are the subject of study at research center based at the Butantan Institute in São Paulo. But in this case, the idea is not to find antidotes, but rather to use the properties of the venoms themselves to identify molecular targets of diseases and, armed with that knowledge, develop new compounds that can be used as medicines.