Industry Leaders to Meet in Taiwan for Clinical Outsourcing and Collaboration Opportunities
News Oct 15, 2012
The number of trials conducted in Taiwan has reached 2671, ranking in 3rd in Asia, after China and Korea. The market was valued at $114.9 million in 2010 and expected to continue growing to $209.7 million in 2015 at a CAGR of 13%. However, challenges on how to further carve out Taiwan in the competitive regional trials scene still remain, while more discussion on how the region could create extensive collaboration to continue contributing to the globalisation of trials is also needed.
On signing a memorandum of understanding with local Chang Gung Memorial Hospital on 5 October 2012, pharma giant GlaxoSmithKline commented that the collaboration on the clinical R&D center will focus on diseases which oftentimes break outs in Asia and contribute to more consistent trials on Asian patients with products that have been well-tested on humans of other ethnicities.
Taiwan Trials – 26-27 February 2013 - is the ONLY focused clinical trial conference in Taiwan, bringing together pharma, biotechs, CROs, regulators and hospitals as well as technology and solution providers from Taiwan and the rest of the world.
This conference was developed with the support of our Advisory Board of the top industry experts namely Dr James Garner, Vice President and General Manager, Takeda Global Research and Development Center (Asia), Singapore; Dr Ko-Chung Lin, Founder and CEO, PharmaEssentia, Taiwan; Dr Lars Nelleman, Vice President, Clinical Development Center, Asia Pacific, Lundbeck A/S, Singapore; Dr James Wang, Head of Research & Development, TaiMed Biologics Inc., Taiwan and Dr Ming-Qiang Zhang, Vice President and Head of Asia Pacific R&D, Merck Sharp & Dohme, China.
We are glad to have on board, Efficient Pharma Management Corp, as the Exhibitor, together with the support of BiotechEast as the Marketing Partner, and the endorsement of various associations namely Sino-American Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Professionals Association (SABPA), Sino-American Pharmaceutical Professionals Association – Greater Philadelphia (SAPA-GP) and Pan-Asian Clinical Research Association (PACRA).
Featured speakers will include
- Dr James Garner, Vice President and General Manager, Takeda Global Research and Development Center (Asia), Singapore
- Dr Lars Nelleman, Vice President, Clinical Development Center, Asia Pacific, Lundbeck A/S, Singapore
- Dr Rosalind Lu, Asia-Pacific Regional Head for Roche Product Development Global Operation Country Clinical Operation, Roche Pharmaceuticals, Taiwan
- Dr Chin-Fu Hsiao, Director of the Division of Clinical Trials Statistics, National Health Research Institutes, Taiwan
- Pilar de la Rocha Mur, Global Monitoring Operations Head of the Asia Pacific and South Africa Region, Norvatis, Singapore
- Min-Hsiung Kao, Clinical Operation Director, Taiwan Liposome Company Ltd, Taiwan
- Dr Hui-Ling Shieh, Medical Director, Yung Shin Pharm Ind. Co., Taiwan
- Gregory Liu, Head of Medical Department, Oncology Business Unit, TTY Biopharm, Taiwan and Clinical Research Director, TOT Biopharm, China
- Dr Hung Jen Lai, Medical Director, Merck Sharp and Dohme, Taiwan
- Dr Ko-Chung Lin, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, PharmaEssentia, Taiwan
- Catherine Yi-San Lee, Executive Director, Area Head of Clinical Trials Support and Compliance Asia, Pfizer Inc.
WHO: Taiwan Trials 2013
WHEN: 26-27 February 2013
WHERE: Taipei, Taiwan
Early Special Rate closing 31 October 2012
Children With Congenital Zika Virus Infection Face Serious Challenges as They AgeNews
The report from the CDC is the first to describe the health and developmental effects of congenital Zika virus infection in children with microcephaly through 2 years of age.READ MORE
British Pharmacological Society’s Drug Discovery of the Year 2018 AnnouncedNews
A new medicine used to treat an ultra-rare inherited disorder which leaves babies without a fully functioning immune system has been named the British Pharmacological Society’s Drug Discovery of the Year 2018.READ MORE