Invitrogen Corporation and BioTek Instruments Announce Strategic Collaboration
News Jul 17, 2008
Invitrogen Corporation and BioTek Instruments, Inc. have entered into a collaboration agreement to validate the compatibility of Invitrogen’s reagents and technology platforms with BioTek’s microplate detection instruments.
Invitrogen’s drug discovery products used to study key target classes have been validated on BioTek’s Synergy™ 4 Multi-Mode Microplate Reader with Hybrid Technology™. This includes:
• GeneBLAzer® FRET cell-based technology for signal transduction pathways and G protein-coupled receptors,
• LanthaScreen™ TR-FRET technology for kinases and nuclear hormone receptors,
• Adapta™ Universal Kinase Assay, a new TR-FRET assay system for lipid kinases,
• Z’-LYTE® assay for kinase profiling,
• Omnia® assay for measuring real-time kinase activity.
Additionally, BioTek’s Synergy 4 and Synergy 2 Multi-Mode Microplate Readers have received the LanthaScreen™ Certified+ designation from Invitrogen. Through this collaboration, BioTek and Invitrogen will continue to develop and promote joint applications for the drug discovery market.
“Through this partnership, drug discovery researchers will be able to obtain integrated instrumentation and reagent solutions, thereby removing the frustration of discovering that the biological assay system they have chosen is not compatible with the instrumentation and vice versa,” said John Printen, director of Invitrogen’s Cell Signaling business segment.
“The pharmaceutical research scientist is increasingly under pressure to complete projects faster and this partnership is designed to save the customer valuable time and resources.”