We've updated our Privacy Policy to make it clearer how we use your personal data.

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. You can read our Cookie Policy here.

Advertisement
Kadmon and Chiromics Announce Licensing Agreement for Chemical Compounds Library
News

Kadmon and Chiromics Announce Licensing Agreement for Chemical Compounds Library

Kadmon and Chiromics Announce Licensing Agreement for Chemical Compounds Library
News

Kadmon and Chiromics Announce Licensing Agreement for Chemical Compounds Library

Read time:
 

Want a FREE PDF version of This News Story?

Complete the form below and we will email you a PDF version of "Kadmon and Chiromics Announce Licensing Agreement for Chemical Compounds Library"

First Name*
Last Name*
Email Address*
Country*
Company Type*
Job Function*
Would you like to receive further email communication from Technology Networks?

Technology Networks Ltd. needs the contact information you provide to us to contact you about our products and services. You may unsubscribe from these communications at any time. For information on how to unsubscribe, as well as our privacy practices and commitment to protecting your privacy, check out our Privacy Policy

The technology used to build Chiromics' libraries, invented by the MacMillan Group at Princeton University, employs a chemical synthesis technique referred to as "cascade catalysis." Cascade catalysis allows for the creation of a diverse collection of molecules that are more complex than, and differentiated from, existing pharmaceutical libraries made using linear drug synthesis, all while retaining drug-like properties, the ability to develop structure-activity relationships and ease of re-synthesis. As a result, where only 15% of proteins have been successfully targeted by existing small molecules, Chiromics' library compounds may reach these and the remaining 85% of targets, many previously thought to be "un-druggable."

"Chiromics' technology and libraries represent a true paradigm shift in pharmaceutical drug discovery," said Samuel D. Waksal, Ph.D., Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Kadmon. "This platform allows us to identify and produce high-value, pre-clinical candidates against virtually any biologic target with speed and specificity, a feat not possible with other chemistry libraries." Dr. Waksal added, "This agreement is also an example of Kadmon's commitment to accessing and advancing the unsurpassed science and innovation of the academic community here in the United States."

Chiromics' founder David MacMillan, Ph.D., A. Barton Hepburn Professor of Organic Chemistry and Chairman of the Chemistry Department at Princeton University, stated, "Chiromics has developed a technology that can build large, drug-like, broadly diverse collections of molecules with 'accessible complexity,' or novel, three dimensional frameworks which can be readily built using simple catalysis methods. These collections can be made routinely, rapidly and rationally. With its culture of innovation, Kadmon can take full advantage of the potential in this technology by realizing its intended purpose, which is to access the most critical pathways of disease."

Advertisement