Partnerships in Clinical Trials Expands its Global Reach
News Nov 03, 2009
The Institute for International Research announces that as a chief component of its global branding strategy, the Partnerships with CROs event is now known as Partnerships in Clinical Trials.
In the nineteen years since the inception of the event, both the biopharmaceutical industry and Partnerships have experienced tremendous growth as outsourcing to suppliers has become more than simply a tactic to control costs, but a leading strategic directive to ensure speed, quality and value of new medicines.
“The name Partnerships in Clinical Trials reflects the comprehensive nature of the program, which is the must-attend annual event for clinical outsourcing and development professionals and is increasingly valuable to those with responsibilities in clinical operations, clinical project management, drug safety and quality,” said program director Lesly Atlas. “Our new name also represents our widening global reach with Partnerships in Clinical Trials events already taking place in Europe and the premier of our APAC event in Singapore this December. Collectively the Partnerships in Clinical Trials brand serves over 35 countries.”
Notable speakers include:
• Tom Daschle, Former Senate Majority and Minority Leader, US Senate
• David Holveck, President and CEO, Endo Pharmaceuticals
• Nancy Simonian, MD, Chief Medical Officer and Senior Vice President of Clinical, Medical, and Regulatory Affairs, Millennium: The Takeda Oncology Company.
• Ethan Zohn, Winner of Survivor: Africa Chris Anderson, Editor-in-Chief, Wired Magazine and NYT Bestselling Author, The Long Tail: Why the Future of Business is Selling Less of More.
• Thomas Senderovitz, MD, Vice President, Global Exploratory Development, UCB Pharma - Belgium
• Jason Hwang, MD, Executive Director, Innosight Institute
• Deirdre BeVard, Vice President, Clinical Operations and Data Management, Endo Pharmaceuticals
• Reinilde Heyrman, Vice President, Clinical Development and Operations, Daiichi Sankyo Pharma Development
• Peter Carberry, Senior Vice President, Global Development Operations, Astellas Pharmaceuticals
• Kenneth Getz, Senior Research Fellow, Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development
• John Balian, MD, Senior Vice President, Global Pharmacovigilance and Epidemiology, BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB
• Amrit Ray, MD, MBA, FCMI, Chief Safety Officer, Head, Global Medical Safety, JOHNSON & JOHNSON PHARMACEUTICALS GROUP
• Philippe Van der Auwera, MD, PhD, Global Head of Safety Risk Management (PDS) & EU-QPPV, Pharma Development, F.HOFFMANN-LA ROCHE LTD – Switzerland.
• Mariette Boerstoel-Streefland, MD, MBA, MS(epi), Chief Safety Officer, Vice President, Global Drug Safety, FOREST RESEARCH INSTITUTE.
• Juergen Schmider MD, PhD, Corporate Safety Officer and Vice President Global Pharmacovigilance & Epidemiology, CEPHALON, INC.