PDA Launches Manufacturing Science ProgramSM
News Jan 29, 2015
The Parenteral Drug Association (PDA) has announced the launch of its new Manufacturing Science ProgramSM: Enabling Pharmaceutical Manufacturing's Future.
The Manufacturing Science ProgramSM will fulfill the following goals:
• Highlight the ongoing focus PDA has on pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
• Strengthen and build practical solutions by filling known gaps in current manufacturing science as well as gaps that will become apparent based on ongoing developments and analyses.
• Identify and encourage use of new manufacturing technology and methods.
• Provide Portfolio Analysis and Management of these activities across PDA.
"PDA is based in science with a long tradition of providing the science needed to advance our industry and benefit the public health," said PDA President Richard Johnson. "While we have always been active in manufacturing science, we want to focus more attention on our contributions. The upcoming 2015 PDA Annual Meeting has an entire track dedicated to improving manufacturing performance, in line with this Manufacturing Science Program."
A steering committee will oversee the Manufacturing Science ProgramSM. It will consist of a representative of PDA's volunteer Board of Directors, up to five other selected volunteers, and members of PDA's professional staff.
The deliverables for the Manufacturing Science ProgramSM are:
• Catalogue of all manufacturing-related PDA activities
• Heightened internal and external awareness of these activities
• Identification/prioritization gaps where additional activities are needed
• Recommendations to the PDA Board of Directors, Advisory Boards, and staff for new projects based on gap/needs assessment
• Steering committee oversight of projects to identify slow moving projects, projects requiring additional attention, and projects that may no longer be needed or have a low priority
• Periodical reports on the progress to the Board of Directors and PDA President
8th Edition of International Conference and Exhibition on Separation Techniques
Jul 29 - Jul 30, 2019
International Women Health and Breast Cancer Conference
Jul 03 - Jul 05, 2019
2nd International Conference on Biological & Pharmaceutical Sciences
Jul 12 - Jul 13, 2019
2nd International Conference on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
May 17 - May 18, 2019