SLAS Ignite: Find, Fund and Formalize Research and Technology Partnerships at SLAS2018
News Feb 02, 2018
Image Credit: SLAS 2018
Life sciences professionals and business development dealmakers from all walks of industry, academia and government have a new interchange at SLAS2018 – SLAS Ignite, a series of programs that foster scientific innovation through collaboration, debuts at the 2018 SLAS International Conference and Exhibition (SLAS2018), Feb. 3-7, in San Diego, CA.
The highlight of the SLAS Ignite program is the SLAS Ignite Academic Theater, which spotlights the promising achievements of select academic research institutions for consideration by potential research and business collaborators. Life sciences research today is an increasingly collaborative endeavor, with individuals and organizations realizing tremendous benefit by tapping into the experience, insights and capabilities of peers and complementary organizations to develop the medicines and innovations that improve the human condition.
Six academic researchers applied and were selected by a review committee to present their scientific and technological advances in the SLAS Ignite Academic Theater at SLAS2018:
Monday, February 5, 2018, 1-2pm, Exhibition Theater
• Microreactor Based Online Reaction Monitoring Using Mass Spectrometry for Structural and Elemental Measurements; Heidi Fleischer, PhD, Senior Scientist, University of Rostock, Microreactor Based Online
• Label-free Raman Spectroscopy for Rapid Identification of Biologics; Santosh Paidi, Graduate Research Assistant, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University
• Introduction to Disulfide Trapping, a site-directed fragment screening technology; Michelle Arkin, Associate Professor, Pharm Chem; Co-Director, Small Molecule Discovery Center, University of California, San Francisco
Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 1-2pm, Exhibition Theater
• Identifying New Drug Targets by Illuminating the Druggable Genome; Aaron Pawlyk, PhD, Senior Advisor, National Institutes of Health
• Combinatorial Drug Discovery in Nanoliter Droplets; Paul Blainey, Associate Professor of Biological Engineering and Core Member, MIT Department of Biological Engineering and Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard
• A large-scale microfluidic technology for high-content screening of C. elegans using commercial imaging platforms; Sudip Mondal, PhD, Research Associate, The University of Texas at Austin
Another important component of the SLAS Ignite Partnership Program at SLAS2018 is hard-wired into the SLAS2018 Conference App. Conference participants and Exhibition visitors interested in meeting potential partners complete a detailed profile to be matched with others interested in collaborations. Thirty-minute meetings can be set up in the SLAS Ignite Partnership Lounge, located on Aisle 200 of the SLAS2018 Exhibition, a private, dedicated lounge that’s available by appointment only.
“Each year, thousands of life sciences researchers rely on the SLAS International Conference and Exhibition as a platform to engage with industry professionals on the latest advancements in drug discovery and emerging technologies,” says SLAS CEO Vicki Loise. “SLAS Ignite encourages collaboration by formalizing opportunities to make important connections.” For more information about SLAS Ignite, visit www.slas2018.org/program/slas-ignite/slas-ignite-presentation.
SLAS2018 showcases scientific advances and state-of-the-art applications of new technologies via 144 podium presentations, 350+ poster presentations, 300+ multinational exhibitors, 20 short courses, a menu of personalized career services and an abundance of intelligent network-building opportunities.
Like what you just read? You can find similar content on the communities below.Analysis & Separations Applied Sciences Biopharma Cancer Research Cell Science Diagnostics Genomics Research Informatics Proteomics & Metabolomics Immunology & Microbiology
To personalize the content you see on Technology Networks homepage, Log In or Subscribe for FreeLOGIN SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE
12th Edition of International Conference on Infectious Diseases
Apr 22 - Apr 23, 2019