SMi’s Lyophilisation 2013 – Freeze-Drying in Pharmaceuticals and Biopharmaceuticals
News Feb 04, 2013
In pharmaceutical storage and transportation, freeze-drying has been proven an essential method for pharmaceutical companies to distribute and store their products effectively, efficiently and inexpensively. As the industry develops, so do the best methods for this process.
SMi presents their inaugural conference on Lyophilisation: Freeze-drying in pharmaceuticals & Biopharmaceuticals, with key talks from Medimmune, GSK Biologicals, National Institute for Biological Standards & Control and Roche on the best practices, novel discoveries and industry innovations that are essential to the development of a company’s lyophilisation process. This conference is not to be missed as this is the forum for you to learn, explore and discover the cutting edge areas of the industry, and the essential ways a company can improve its freeze drying methods.
SMi is pleased to confirm Sajal Patel, Scientist 11, Biopharmaceutical, MedImmune as a speaker at the upcoming event.
He will speak on Lyophilisation process design, development and Up-scaling as well as the guidelines for freeze drying process design and development, monitoring and control and challenges of the general process development. This event will act as a unique platform to hear from and discuss with key experts in the field on key topics that include:
• Scaling up techniques and optimisation case studies
• Lyophilisation monitoring, data analysis and risk reduction
• Non-conventional formulation techniques and approaches
• Moisture control and dried vaccine formulations
• Ice nucleation control and monitoring
• Product qualification and control
• PAT, TDLAS Raman Spectroscopy and optimal monitoring technologies and techniques
• Aseptic processes and process design