Thallion Announces 2008 Third Quarter Results
News Oct 15, 2008
- Initiated enrollment in a Phase II trial evaluating TLN-4601 as a second line monotherapy treatment for glioblastoma multiforme after receiving authorization from the Therapeutic Products Directorate (TPD) of Health Canada.
- Received notification from the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that it may proceed with the U.S. portion of the TLN-4601 Phase II trial.
- Received authorization from the Therapeutic Products Directorate (TPD) of Health Canada to initiate a Phase II clinical trial of TLN-232 as a monotherapy treatment for metastatic melanoma in patients that have failed at least one prior therapy.
- Received notification from the FDA that it may proceed with the U.S. portion of the TLN-232 Phase II trial, subsequent to the end of the quarter.
- Presented final results from an open label, single arm Phase II trial of TLN-232 for patients with treatment-refractory advanced renal cell carcinoma at the European Society for Medical Oncology 2008 annual meeting, subsequent to the end of the quarter. The results demonstrated that TLN 232 was generally safe and well-tolerated and that of the three patients that had completed three full cycles, two achieved stable disease.
- Expanded U.S. and Canadian patent coverage for TLN-4601 comprising production processes, formulation and use of TLN-4601 as a pharmaceutical product, and further expanded U.S. patent coverage for DECIPHER®, Thallion's proprietary drug discovery platform.
"We have advanced our two oncology candidates to a stage where we are enrolling patients in the TLN-4601 Phase II trial and expect to commence enrollment for the TLN-232 Phase II trial in the coming weeks," said Lloyd M. Segal, Chief Executive Officer of Thallion Pharmaceuticals Inc. "We believe the results from these two trials represent significant potential value events for our shareholders. As they progress through the clinic, we will continue to pursue a partnership for the development and commercialization of Shigamabs®. Despite the challenging market conditions, we continue to have sufficient capital on hand to facilitate the completion of both two Phase II oncology trials."
XenoGesis and BioAscent Forge Alliance to Offer Enhanced Integrated Drug Discovery ServicesNews
XenoGesis and BioAscent Discovery Limited have announced a collaboration to offer an enhanced range of integrated drug discovery services, including medicinal chemistry, biology and DMPK.READ MORE
BioAscent Establishes Integrated Drug Discovery Services OfferingNews
Dr Phil Jones to join as new CSO to lead company’s extended capabilities in medicinal chemistry and in vitro biosciences.READ MORE
Lab Innovations returns to the NEC, Bimingham , UKNews
Save the date for the UK’s only lab-dedicated exhibition showcase!READ MORE
Comments | 0 ADD COMMENT
International Conference on Biobetters and Regulatory Affairs
Jun 27 - Jun 28, 2018