The Board of Cerenis Appoints Dr. Richard C. Pasternak as Non Executive Director
Cerenis Therapeutics has announced the appointment of Dr. Richard C. Pasternak to the Board of Directors.
Dr. Pasternak has had a long-standing research interest in lipid disorders and atherosclerosis, as well as prevention and patterns of practice and disease management.
Previously, he was Vice President, Head of Cardiovascular Clinical Research and Head of Global Scientific Affairs and Scientific Leadership at Merck & Co from 2004 to 2010.
Prior to this, he was Director of Preventive Cardiology and Cardiac Rehabilitation at Massachusetts General Hospital from 1992 to 2004, and he was Associate Professor of Medicine at the Harvard Medical School.
Dr Pasternak has authored more than 100 publications and has spoken widely on the development of drugs for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases, and about how academia and industry can better collaborate in biomedical research.
He is currently a faculty member of the Weill Cornell School of Medicine, and serves on the Boards of the Founder’s Affiliate of the American Heart Association, the Galien Foundation, and Essentialis Therapeutics.
"We are pleased that a clinician and a scientist of Richard Pasternak’s standing is joining our Board," said Jean-Louis Dasseux, CEO of Cerenis.
Dasseux continued, "He brings unique clinical experience in the field of cardiovascular disease, as well as expertise in the biotech and pharmaceutical industry."
The Cerenis Board of Directors is now composed of 7 members as follows:
• Jean-Pierre Garnier, Chairman of the Board of Cerenis, Operating Partner at Advent International, Chairman of Actelion;
• Johan Christenson, Senior Partner at HealthCap;
• Alexandra Goll, General Partner at TVM Capital;
• Denis Lucquin, Managing Partner at Sofinnova Partners;
• Ekaterina Smirnyagina, Venture Partner at Alta Partners;
• Richard C. Pasternak, former Vice President, Head of Cardiovascular Clinical Research and Head of Global Scientific Affairs and Scientific Leadership at Merck & Co;
• Jean-Louis Dasseux, Chief Executive Officer of Cerenis.