The R&D Leaders Band Together for a Common Goal: Discovery of Life-saving Treatment
Offering much more than any conference, exhibition or trade show, this exclusive meeting will bring together esteemed industry thought leaders and solution providers to a highly focused and interactive networking event. The summit includes presentations on progress in unmet needs, optimising the use of biomarkers and personalised medicine. Within the luxurious settings of the Red Rock Casino, Resort & Spa, this networking event presents a unique opportunity to develop meaningful and valuable business relations.
“There will be a continuing and ever increasing need to find solutions that address human diseases, human suffering and that improve health and the quality of life. Pharma, as a critic partner in the healthcare industry, can provide some solutions. But in a rapidly changing environment pharma has to be capable of extraordinary flexibility, willing to adapt its business model and processes to meet the challenges. Recognising and developing value from discoveries in sciences and technologies can only be optimised in partnership with all of the stakeholders,” says Andy Dray, a speaker at Discovery Summit, Chief Scientist, AstraZeneca.
Keynote Speakers include:
Peter Mueller, EVP & Chief Scientific Officer, Vertex Pharmaceuticals
Andy Dray, Chief Scientific Officer, R&D, Montreal, AstraZeneca
Joseph Fleishaker, VP Pharmacokinetcs, Dynamics and Metabolism, Pfizer
Marvin Bayne, Head of Discovery Technologies, Merck
Juswinder Singh, Chief Scientific Officer, Avila Therapeutics
The summit topics for the Discovery Summit are determined by continuous research with Chief Scientific Officers, Principal Scientists and leading industry professionals. The program’s primary objective is to explore the key aspects and issues related to packaging innovation and its application as a business driver.
Key issues for 2010 include:
• Evolving the realm of Personalised Medicine – Furthering the field of omics research to deliver safer and more effective therapies
• Reviewing Recent Developments in Integrative Screening Techniques to Speed Hit Discovery
• Surveying Progress in Therapeutic Antibody Targets for Areas of Significant Unmet Needs
• Confronting Issues of Biosafety in Laboratories to Combat a Lack of Progress in Biodefense Vaccine Research
• Improving Target Selection and Validation to Decrease Attrition Rates
• Getting Back to Science – Utilising past research to drive future projects
• Exploring Advancements in Molecular Biomarkers for CNS Disorders to Foster New Drug Developments
• Exploring the Future of the Relationship Between Biologics and Small Molecule Research
• Information Sharing – Realising the widespread benefits of shared information and reviewing successful discover alliances
• Making the Case for Outsourcing – Working with outside partners to reduce costs in niche research
About Marcus Evans
A world leading business information company, presenting over 1,000 strategic summits and conferences worldwide, marcus evans' products include business and economic summits, high-level conferences, industry congresses, professional training, language training and sports hospitality.
The company employs over 3,000 staff in 54 global offices. Above all, marcus evans provides clients with business information and knowledge which enables them to sustain a valuable competitive advantage and make a positive contribution to their success for over 20 years
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org