Agilent Technologies Introduces OpenLAB Intelligence Reporter
Product News Feb 22, 2008
Agilent Technologies Inc. has introduced Agilent OpenLAB Intelligence Reporter, a module for the company’s OpenLAB system designed to help analytical chemists and lab managers meet reporting requirements in the pharmaceutical and chemical industries.
The new module offers full database reporting capabilities for analytical data acquired through Agilent OpenLAB or Agilent ChemStation data systems. Advanced tools such as visualization of pass/fail criteria, and content-based result presentation help customers streamline result reviews and approvals.
Key features of the new Agilent OpenLAB Intelligence Reporter let users:
• Perform simple and advanced calculations, e.g., summary, statistics and multi-level calculations using the integrated calculation module;
• Easily visualize key results, in trend charts, for example;
• Show/hide information in reports using integral filters;
• Generate decision-based result presentations, which flag outliers and automatically sort results by pass/fail criteria, for example;
• Select report content by query, for an individual sequence or across sequences; and
• Use the full suite of validation services available from Agilent for regulated pharmaceutical environments.
“Our goal is to help customers achieve a paperless lab, and Agilent OpenLAB Intelligence Reporter is a solid step in this direction,” said Markus Jaquemar, marketing director, Agilent Life Sciences Solutions Unit. “Now customers can obtain a complete package for easily creating and reviewing even complex reports, seamlessly integrated into Agilent OpenLAB Enterprise Content Manager.”
According to Agilent, the OpenLAB Intelligence Reporter connects to third-party reporting systems because it is based on standard interfaces and published and supported database views. The system’s database is accessible for IT-related purposes. Report templates are based on Microsoft Report Definition Language and the report generation uses Microsoft(r) SQL Server Reporting Services.