GE Healthcare Extends HiScreen™ Prepacked Column Range
Product News May 14, 2009
GE Healthcare announces the extension of its range of HiScreen™ prepacked chromatography columns, taking the total number of media now available in this format to nineteen. The six new columns are prepacked with a range of BioProcess™ chromatography media.
HiScreen columns provide a solution for separations in a convenient format. The columns are packed with media, allowing repeated use with reproducible results. The 10 cm bed height is ideal for method optimization and parameter screening, and the columns are connected in series to give a 20 cm bed height. HiScreen columns have a small bed volume (4.7 ml), reducing the cost of sample and buffer consumption.
The six new columns are available prepacked with the following chromatography media:
• IMAC Sepharose™ 6 Fast Flow (IMAC FF)
• Immobilized metal ion affinity chromatography medium for purifying proteins with an affinity for metal ions, including histidine-tagged proteins
• Q Sepharose Fast Flow (Q FF)
• Ion exchange chromatography medium. Strong anion exchanger
• SP Sepharose Fast Flow (SP FF)
• Ion exchange chromatography medium. Strong cation exchanger
• Q Sepharose High Performance (Q HP)
• Ion exchange chromatography medium. Strong anion exchanger, with small bead size resulting in high resolution and sharp peaks
• SP Sepharose High Performance (SP HP)
• Ion exchange chromatography medium. Strong cation exchanger, with small bead size resulting in high resolution and sharp peaks
• Phenyl Sepharose High Performance (Phenyl HP)
• Hydrophobic interaction chromatography medium, with small bead size resulting in high resolution and sharp peaks.
HiScreen columns are compatible with peristaltic pumps and chromatography systems such as ÄKTA™ design. In addition, the columns are made of biocompatible polypropylene that does not interact with biomolecules.
The columns are part of the process development platform available from GE Healthcare, which offers tools to support all phases from condition screening (i.e. 96-well PreDictor™ plates) to full-scale manufacturing. The same BioProcess media is used in all formats, enabling reproducible scale-up.