KineMatik Announces eNovator 4.0
Product News Feb 21, 2008
KineMatik, the provider of eNovator, a software solution for managing Life Sciences R&D knowledge, information, and processes announced the release of eNovator 4.0, the next major release of the eNovator product suite.
This release extends eNovator’s functionality providing enhanced Lab Management and improved reporting in the Electronic Lab Notebook module, and broadens the project management capabilities in the Project and Portfolio Management module.
With the Electronic Lab Notebook in eNovator 4.0, R&D organizations can now manage laboratory materials at a more granular level along with their scientific information and data.
The company says that the Lab Management capabilities provide aliquot and materials management within the ELN, while enhanced reporting provides better visibility into scientific experiments. The new “One Click Reporting” feature allows lab notebooks to be quickly approved, signed, and archived at the completion of an experiment.
Key features and enhancements in the Electronic Lab Notebook module include:
• Aliquot and materials management, including management and approval of shipping information.
• One Click Reporting which publishes a notebook based on pre-configured business rules, and automatically routes the notebook for approval and archival.
eNovator 4.0 can also provide added flexibility in project creation and project management, giving Project Managers and Executive Management increased visibility across the organization. The Java based Gantt chart features allows users to view, report on, and edit project information directly within the Gantt chart view of a project.
Key features and enhancements in the Project and Portfolio Management module include:
• Enhanced project creation, including direct import of Microsoft Project files.
• Ability to manage multiple project types and manage relationships between projects.
• Resource management, including dynamic updates of resource utilization.
• Inline Gantt chart viewing, reporting and editing.
• Increased visibility into project metrics using color coded Gantt chart views.