Merck Millipore Launches Provantage™ Solutions at BIO 2012
Complete the form below to unlock access to ALL audio articles.
Merck Millipore has announced the launch of their Provantage™ Solutions, world-class process development, manufacturing consulting and implementation services, provided by Merck Millipore scientists, engineers, and applications specialists.
The new offering, launched at BIO 2012 in Boston, Massachusetts, can be delivered either onsite at a drug manufacturer's facility or at Merck Millipore's advanced bioproduction facility in Martillac, France or at one of their six access labs around the world.
Provantage™ Solutions seamlessly complement biopharm and pharmaceutical companies' internal capabilities and expertise and are customized with the optimal mix of products, services, consulting, and project management.
Provantage™ Solutions provide greater control and increased flexibility for both small and large molecule development and manufacturing processes.
"Until now, the options for process development and manufacturing were limited to internal resources or conventional outsourcing," describes Christophe Couturier, Vice President of Services and Solutions, Merck Millipore. "While each option has pros and cons, Provantage™ Solutions integrates the best of each and helps accelerate the journey of a molecule to commercial phase."
Initial offerings include:
Provantage™ Biodevelopment and Clinical Supply Solutions
• An innovative solution for biologics manufacturing that incorporates the latest technologies in upstream, downstream and single-use systems
• Includes process development and validation services
• GMP production for pre-clinical to phase II
• Technology transfer and scale-up services for phase III and commercial production
Provantage™ Bioprocess Consulting Solutions
• A wide range of projects with defined milestones, deliverables and business outcomes - from upstream all the way to commercial tech transfer
• Applies expertise, products, services and technology to help solve a client's business problem or challenge
Provantage™ Solutions incorporate Merck Millipore's unique blend of expertise across the development and manufacturing spectrum with an in-depth understanding of individual unit operations and applications. This allows delivery of optimized solutions that take into account the entire upstream and downstream operation.
The launch of Provantage™ Solutions occurred at an invite only event at BIO 2012 in the Boston Convention Center, Boston, Massachusetts, entitled: "Le Tour de Force: The Journey to Clinic."
For additional information about Provantage™ Solutions please visit: www.emdmillipore.com/provantage.