New Genedata Profiler Release 9.1
Product News Nov 04, 2015
Genedata has announced the release of a new version of Genedata Profiler™, its open, interoperable enterprise software platform designed to facilitate efficient omics-based patient and compound profiling processes. Release 9.1 of the software platform for precision medicine provides providing and will be offered as an update to existing users of Genedata Profiler at no additional cost.
In producing Release 9.1 of Genedata Profiler, developers at Genedata considered the requirements of all users of the software in typical biopharma research teams, in particular bioinformaticians, translational researchers, analysts and biologists. Highlights of Release 9.1 include:
• pre-installed, fully-documented model workflows that simplify entry into common NGS applications and reduce errors, ensuring highest data quality and consistency and reproducibility of results for translational scientists, bioinformaticians and analysts;
• new variant annotation methods that allow biologists to filter millions of variants (SNPs, InDels, SVs) to identify the few of clinically relevance;
• enhancements to the shell API to enable the quick and easy integration of external or in-house tools, thereby broadening the options for bioinformaticians to integrate their own automated NGS pipelines to produce one final report for biologists and translational researchers;
• redeveloped, intuitive web UI, improving access and collaboration across the R&D team;
• improvements to access control to selectively grant user access to projects and project groups;
• audit logging to increase the traceability of sensitive data by recording all actions which might result in the creation of transfer of data. Translational researchers requested this feature to facilitate compliance with GxP requirements.
Genedata has recently announced the completion of a significant milestone in a project to integrate Genedata Profiler with the open source middleware software system iRODS. This integration created an advanced security-hardened research data platform for the management, processing and analysis of exploratory NGS and other omics data from patients and pre-clinical experiments.
Genedata Profiler 9.1 adds support for iRODS, marrying security with performance. Members of the research team can now benefit from intuitive raw data management, including visualization of clinical sample annotation together with raw data, metadata search across the whole database, and powerful annotation curation capabilities including bulk editing and annotation information protection.
Dr. Othmar Pfannes, CEO of Genedata, commented: "With Release 9.1 of Genedata Profiler, we see a significant step forward, cementing our commitment to becoming the leading provider of translational research software. The added functionality will be highly appreciated by all members of the typical translational R&D team, further reducing the time required to process complex workflows and lightening the load of team members. Genedata continues to evolve and improve its product range, and we are already planning further updates for Genedata Profiler, for example in the area of enhanced sample annotation management."