New Pocket Testers Stand Up to the Challenges of Measuring Water Quality
Product News Sep 20, 2017
Image Credit: Cole-Parmer
The new and improved Oakton pocket testers, from Cole-Parmer, stand up to everyday use, harsh environments and time. The pocket testers even stand upright with a new cap design that is versatile, functional and leakproof. They are ideal for all professionals in the lab or out in the field who need to test water quality.
The Oakton pocket testers have many user-friendly and functional features. An easy-to-replace sensor module and a dependable double-junction pH electrode sensor allow these pocket testers to stand up to the test of time. The new cap design stabilizes the base to keep the tester standing upright, stores solution to keep the electrode hydrated, or works as a sample cup to calibrate or measure. Features such as dustproof, waterproof IP67 rating, and a Valox® plastic body give these pocket testers the ruggedness they need to work in harsh environments. A more intuitive interface makes reading measurements easy and reliable. The Oakton pocket testers boasting these features are:
• pHTestr® 50—Automatic temperature compensation, 3-point calibration, and 0.01 pH resolution ensure an accurate reading in varying environments. The tester is EPA compliant and can be used for reporting purposes.
• pHTestr® 50S Spear-Tip—Rugged and perfect for soft solids and semisolid materials such as meat, cheeses and fruit.
• ORPTestr® 50—Double-junction platinum electrode is ideal for checking dirty water, heavy metals, sulfides and organics.
• CTSTestr™ 50—Convenient 3-in-1 tester measures conductivity, TDS and salinity. It is ideal for
on-the-go water analysis. Available with cup-style or pin-style sensor.
• PCTSTestr™ 50 Multiparameter—Measure pH, conductivity, TDS, salinity and temperature. Its long-life pH electrode and stainless steel pin-style conductivity sensor make it compatible with a wide range of samples.