We've updated our Privacy Policy to make it clearer how we use your personal data.

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. You can read our Cookie Policy here.

WAM Systems Announces 2010 Performance
Product News

WAM Systems Announces 2010 Performance

WAM Systems Announces 2010 Performance
Product News

WAM Systems Announces 2010 Performance

Want a FREE PDF version of This Product News?

Complete the form below and we will email you a PDF version of "WAM Systems Announces 2010 Performance"

First Name*
Last Name*
Email Address*
Company Type*
Job Function*
Would you like to receive further email communication from Technology Networks?

Technology Networks Ltd. needs the contact information you provide to us to contact you about our products and services. You may unsubscribe from these communications at any time. For information on how to unsubscribe, as well as our privacy practices and commitment to protecting your privacy, check out our Privacy Policy

WAM Systems, has announced highlights from its fiscal year ended December 31, 2010.

The company reported another record year of growth, continuing a multi-year trend of improved market penetration, ending 2010 with a 54% increase in revenue and record earnings. WAM attributes much of this recent growth to its strong position in the current global market for advanced supply chain planning solutions in the petrochemical, oil and gas refining and pharmaceutical industries.

WAM enters 2011 with a recent competitive track record that demonstrates WAM’s market momentum. WAM emerged as the selected solution in 74% of the competitive evaluations in which it was invited over the past 3 years.

WAM CEO, Jack Weiss, explains “We’ve seen a steady increase in demand for enhanced planning functionality by process manufacturing companies in the last few years. Many of those companies have recently emerged from internal supply chain planning initiatives designed to extract planning functionality from their existing ERP investments. The issue they’re facing now-as these multi-year initiatives are concluding-is one of finding their planning landscapes still lacking in required functionality. These gaps have prompted many companies to launch follow-on initiatives to adopt solutions like WAM’s for enhanced planning support.”

This recent wave of companies looking beyond their ERP systems for supply chain planning has translated into excellent sales results both domestically and internationally for Philadelphia-based WAM. The company reported 70% of 2010 revenue coming from international projects in Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East.

Of the company’s global sales, 66% came from new customer bookings with the remaining 34% from existing customers whose loyalty was again demonstrated by 100% maintenance renewals.

WAM customer projects for 2010 included:

• Arkema - France’s leading chemicals producer is implementing WAM’s solution within their Kynar business unit as the first step in a planned global rollout of WAM’s planning functionality. Kynar’s planning initiative includes improved demand planning, sales and operations planning (S&OP), inventory optimization, and detailed production scheduling.

• Evonik Carbon Black - This global carbon black producer and long-time WAM customer is expanding its existing WAM implementation throughout its worldwide network of production sites in 11 countries. Evonik Carbon Black’s key business goal is to maximize operating margins by leveraging WAM’s ability to optimize business plans and tactical schedules.

• Lonza - A leading supplier of active pharmaceutical ingredients, Lonza elected to implement WAM’s S&OP and global demand management solutions across more than 80 plants throughout Europe, North America and China. The improvement initiative will extend enhanced functionality from the company’s headquarters in Basel, Switzerland to a global planning team of over 300 users in marketing, distribution, manufacturing and purchasing.

• Graham Packaging (GPC) - This manufacturer of custom blow-molded containers selected WAM’s solution for its ability to model both the physical and economic constraints of its complex supply chain. The company will use WAM’s solution to optimize the allocation of its production across its US supply chain while enabling a collaborative demand planning environment for the supply chain planning team.

WAM expects continued strong growth throughout 2011 fueled by strong demand for global sales and operations planning initiatives within large, multinational process manufacturers.