Orb is The Batch Reactor Designed for You
Featured Product ADVERTISEMENT Mar 27, 2017
Orb is a bench-top batch reactor combining ultimate ease-of-use with excellent value and high quality construction. Orb is designed for you.
Orb allows rapid height adjustment and two clamp sizes to accommodate a wide range of vessel sizes from 100ml to 10L, which can be interchanged quickly. The system can be used over a wide range temperatures and is a true chemistry lab workhorse. A wide selection of accessories and upgrades for automation is available.
Orb’s Benefits and Specifications:
- Tool-free vessel changes in seconds: change vessels in seconds using Orb’s unique clamp system
- Work at your height: quickly adjustable working height, without tools
- Easy stirrer motor lift: easily lift the motor out of the way for fast vessel changes and adjustments
- Quick connections: simply hand-tighten your oil pipes to Orb’s vessel and frame
- Unmatched thermal performance: Orb vessels offer unmatched thermal performance for circulator oil
- Wide range of vessels: 100ml, 250ml, 500ml, 1L, 2L, 5L and 10L torispherical vessels, up to 5L round bottom and vacuum jacketed vessels
- Maximum chemical resistance: all wetted parts are glass or PTFE
- Wide temperature range: -90°C to +250°C
- Pressure range: vacuum (50 mbara) to 0.25 barg
- Wide vessel access area: easily add reagents, use larger stirrers, and use a wide range of accessories
- Upgrade to automation: add the Orb Reactor Master or PC software for total automation of reaction parameters
- Robust and reliable: built on Syrris’ extensive experience, the Orb reactor system offers true value, ease of use and flexibility
Orb is Designed for You
Oliver Sowerby, Orb’s Mechanical Design Engineer, ensured that Orb was designed with chemists in mind.
"We set about finding a solution to enable better batch chemistry. We spoke to many chemists who told us that an easy-to-use chemical reactor would be a true game-changer.
We listened, designed, built, and tested. We took time to refine every detail, and Orb was born.
Orb is the first lab reactor you will love to use every day, because it was designed for you. It's the step-change you've been waiting for."