Who's speaking at this Webinar?
Senior Validation Scientist, Cell Analysis GE LifeSciences
Senior Director Marketing and Strategic Alliances, StemoniX
There is an accelerating trend in biomedical research and drug discovery to improve on the standard methods of in vitro cell culture. Cells cultured on a 2D surface provide great access for studying biological processes, introducing environmental or genetic perturbations, and quantifying a cellular response.
However, the micro-environment of these cells differs greatly from the complex and highly organized 3D environment found in vivo. Recent studies have shown cells behave differently when cultured in a more physiologically relevant environment that closely mimics the functional and morphological properties of organs and tissues. These 3D models are believed to be more predictive of true cell behavior in humans.
In this webinar, we’ll address the challenges faced when imaging 3D cultures in a high-throughput setting.
You will discover how to:
- Implement functional readouts from hiPSC-derived neural spheroids in drug discovery and toxicity testing
- Prepare 3D neural samples for imaging
- Reduce image acquisition times and dataset sizes
- Capture clearer and sharper images deep into 3D constructs
- Choose an analysis strategy
- Determine the types of questions that require 3D image analysis