Affymetrix Announces Publication of new Issue of Affymetrix Microarray Bulletin
News Apr 25, 2006
Affymetrix Inc. has announced the publication of its April 24, 2006 issue of the Affymetrix Microarray Bulletin (AMB), which focuses on new methods to integrate and analyze whole-genome association data.
Headlines for week of April 24, 2006:
Custom-Built Data Repository Speeds Obesity Association Study Analysis
- To read the AMB interview with Marc Lenburg of Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM), please visit Microarray Bulletin Website.
Integrating Whole-Genome Linkage, Association and Expression Data in Complex Neuropsychiatric Disease
- To register for the April 27th AMB Symposia conference call featuring Frank Middleton, Ph.D. of the Center for Neuropsychiatric Genetics at Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY, visit symposia page on Bulletin Website.
Headlines for week of April 17, 2006:
Researchers Discover Genetic Variant Associated with Obesity in Humans
- To watch the AMB interview with Alan Herbert, M.B., Ch.B., Ph.D. and Michael Christman, Ph.D. of BUSM, visit obesity page on Bulletin Website.
- To watch the April 20th AMB Symposia conference call featuring Alan Herbert, Ph.D. and Marc Lenburg, Ph.D. of BUSM, visit obesity symposia page on Bulletin Website.
- To view the workflow for the obesity association study, please visit obesity workflow page on Bulletin Website.
In treating inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), physicians can have a hard time telling which newly diagnosed patients have a high risk of severe inflammation or what therapies will be most effective. Now researchers report finding an epigenetic signature in patient cells that appears to predict inflammation risk in a serious type of IBD called Crohn’s disease.