Definiens Establishes Advisory Board
News Mar 28, 2013
Definiens announced it has appointed an Advisory Board comprising renowned industry experts and visionaries in digital pathology. As part of its market expansion strategy, Definiens established the new Board to provide independent advice on trends and opportunities in tissue diagnostics and clinical digital pathology.
Members of the Advisory Board include:
• Ron A. Andrews, President, Medical Sciences, Life Technologies and former CEO of Clarient and CEO of GE Molecular Diagnostics
• Prof. Uwe Bicker, Dean of the Medical Faculty Mannheim, University of Heidelberg and a member of the board of directors of Sanofi SA
• Prof. Manfred Dietel, Director, Institute of Pathology, Charité Berlin and chairman of the German Society for Pathology
• Eric F. Glassy, M.D., Medical Director, Pathology, Inc.and chairman of the Digital Pathology Working Group of the College of American Pathologists
• Prof. Gerd Binnig, Founder and CTO, Definiens (Moderator)
“Definiens is working to advance personalized medicine by contributing to the development of next generation diagnostics, and bringing those novel diagnostics into clinical practice. Our innovations have the potential to transform daily clinical practice for the benefit of both patients and pathologists, particularly in oncology,” said Thomas Heydler, CEO of Definiens. “We will greatly benefit from the wealth of experience of the Advisory Board members while expanding our business into tissue diagnostics and clinical digital pathology.”
As part of its goal to guide Definiens during the company’s expansion, the Advisory Board will discuss trends in digital pathology and highlight opportunities for image and data analysis to revolutionize clinical practice in pathology. Specific topics of discussion will include pathology workflow, tissue diagnostic test development, personalized medicine and next-generation cancer treatment, as well as future technology and market requirements. Definiens founder and Nobel laureate, Professor Gerd Binnig, will catalyze the discussions.
“With the novel opportunities enabled by digital pathology, progress in diagnosing and treating cancer will be accelerated. The visionary power and expertise brought together in the Definiens Advisory Board will be invaluable on our path towards bringing advanced image analysis to clinical pathology,” said Prof. Gerd Binnig, Founder and CTO of Definiens.
Comments | 0 ADD COMMENT
26th International Conference on Clinical Diabetes 2017
Dec 14 - Dec 15, 2017
3rd International Conference on Influenza and Zoonotic Diseases
Aug 21 - Aug 22, 2017