Pharmacogenomics - Discover What the Hype is About Within the Pharmaceutical Circle
Research and Markets has announced the addition of Big Pharma Embraces Pharmacogenomics - But Are We There Yet? to their offering.
Pharmacogenomics will revolutionize the drug industry by linking the right drug to the right patient.
Several companies and regulatory agencies are leading the charge to implement this approach of developing targeted medicines.
PGx's integration is inevitable; pharma companies must get on board now or risk being left behind.
Big pharma companies have become increasingly interested in PGx. These companies realize that PGx offers a way to develop better and safer drugs.
Which companies are leading the charge to integrate PGx into drug discovery and development?
Appropriate genetic markers and well-documented patient samples are critical to determining disease correlations.
How are companies obtaining this information, and how are they using it to create personalized medicines?
Scope of this title:
- PGx leaders: review of companies that are leading the implementation of PGx.
- Patient populations: examples of well-documented patient samples used to determine disease correlations.
- PGx in practice: ways companies are currently using PGx in drug development, patient segmentation, drug dosing, and postmarketing.
- Remaining challenges: review of regulatory, ethical, reimbursement, and legal hurdles that companies must overcome.
- Spectrum Expert Commentaries: an official with the FDA and Decision Resources' principal director for epidemiology share their insights.
The Companies Mentioned inside report include: Abbott Laboratories, Affymetrix, Applera Genomics, Applied Biosystems, ARUP Laboratories, AstraZeneca, Bayer, BioGenex, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Celera Genomics, Cephalon, Chugai, Clinical Data, CuraGen, Dako, DeCode Genetics, Eli Lilly, Encode, Genaissance, Genentech, General Electric, Genizon BioSciences, Genomic Health, Genzyme, Genetics, GlaxoSmithKline, Illumina, ImClone, Johnson & Johnson, Mayo Clinic, Medarex, Merck & Co., Merck KGaA, MGI Pharma, Mitsubishi Pharma, NeoPharm, Novartis, Ortho McNeil, OSI Pharmaceutical, Perlegen Sciences, Pfizer, PGx Health, Prometheus Laboratories, Riken, Roche, Seattle Genetics, Specialty Laboratories, Teva, Unilever, Ventana Medical Systems, Vysis, Wyeth.