Affymetrix’ GeneTitan™ System Delivers Automatic Answers in Genomic Analysis
Product News Sep 30, 2008
Affymetrix Inc. has announced the GeneTitan™ System, a complete platform to automate customer workflow from target preparation through array processing and data analysis, which maximizes data reproducibility, user productivity and throughput scalability.
The first application, whole-genome expression profiling, benefits from the new, flexible 24- and 96-array plate format with whole-genome content on a single array and the new HT 3’ IVT Express Assay, which uses a streamlined protocol and less starting material.
Traditional microarray formats require a labor-intensive, manual handling process, and the only way to increase throughput is to add manpower. With the GeneTitan System, researchers can harness hands-free automation to minimize labor costs.
Researchers can now take a whole-genome approach to expression profiling and smoothly scale up to process large numbers of samples. Additional plate-format applications will be available on the GeneTitan System in the future.
The GeneTitan System is built on the same content featured in GeneChip® cartridges, the industry standard in microarray research for the past decade. The complete platform includes new automated instrumentation, proven array content, optimized assays and reagents as well as open software architecture.
According to Affymetrix the GeneTitan System includes:
• GeneChip® HT PM Array Plates - coverage of the transcribed human, mouse and rat genomes, in a configuration that enables researchers to interrogate either 24 or 96 distinct samples per plate. Each of the arrays in the new plates offers the same whole-genome content as the previous two-plate set.
• GeneChip® HT 3’ IVT Express Assay - optimized target preparation kit for gene expression studies, enabling researchers to generate high-quality gene expression results faster.
• GeneChip® Array Station - automated target preparation solution which allows one person to prepare the same number of targets as four people could accomplish manually.
• GeneTitan Instrument - only fully integrated instrument which provides hands-free automation of array processing from hybridization to data analysis, empowering users to focus on different experimental studies for a better understanding of biological systems.
• Affymetrix® GeneChip® Command Console® and Expression Console™ software - scalable data management options for medium- and high-throughput projects with a convenient file-based format for data storage.