BioWisdom Releases new Version of SRS
Product News Feb 01, 2008
BioWisdom Ltd (BioWisdom) has announced the release of SRS version 8.3.
According to BioWisdom, SRS 8.3 provides new functionality, improved user interface and support for the latest hardware and software platforms. Improvements in the new version include:
• A User Annotations Module – allows users to add their own annotation to any entry discovered using SRS and make these annotations searchable by anyone else within the organization;
• An Alerting Module – allows users to register interest in a specific query and receive notifications via email when the results of the query change;
• Usability improvements – giving users the ability to add protein and nucleic sequences to a personal database, improved functionality to rename and add descriptions to favourite queries;
• Direct URL Access – allows other web-based applications to directly link to SRS data and download/extract the data in multiple formats (including Excel and XML);
• Improved platform support – SRS now supports RedHat AS/ES 4.0 in both 32 bit and 64 bit formats.
“SRS remains the world’s leading bioinformatics platform for both academic and commercial organizations. This release is further demonstration of our continued commitment to SRS going forward” said Gordon Baxter, CEO of BioWisdom.
“This latest version brings significant improvements to SRS customers and allows SRS to be at the centre of BioWisdom’s wider intelligent search capability. SRS is the search and integration capability that underpins BioWisdom’s Safety Intelligence Program.”