Bruker Daltonics Showcasing Mass Spectrometry Instruments and Solutions at ASMS Conference
Product News Jun 03, 2008
Bruker Daltonics announced a number of new high performance mass spectrometry products and applications at the American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) Conference:
• maXis™, it is said to be the first high speed Ultra High Resolution TOF (UHR-TOF) mass spectrometer, representing a revolution in tandem mass spectrometry by offering a solution for exceptional performance with ultra high resolution across a broad mass range, high sensitivity, all at the high speed needed to take full advantage of ultra-high performance liquid chromatography.
• micrOTOF™ II is a new ESI-TOF system now with further enhanced mass spectrometry performance and an optional LC and GC-APCI Interface expanding its capabilities to measure the exact mass of polar, macromolecular, semi-volatile and volatile compounds using one single, LC-MS and GC-MS platform.
• MALDI-TDS™, an application for Top-Down Sequencing (TDS) that typically can deliver 100% protein sequence coverage, C- and N- terminal assignments and provides unparalleled levels of information on protein modifications of vital importance in fields such as recombinant protein production.
• EASY-nLC™, a Bruker-supported nanoscale LC system with 1D and 2D separation capabilities for proteomics applications on the Bruker Daltonics micrOTOF-Q II, HCTultra™ ETD II, apex-ultra™ and ultraFlex™ III LC-MALDI TOF/TOF systems for complete, turn-key LC/MS/MS solutions.
• MALDI-FTMS high performance tissue imaging, with the SmartBeam™ proprietary laser now on the apex-ultra™ FTMS system, enabling measurement of drugs and their metabolites in tissue sections at therapeutic dose levels.
The new Bruker mass spectrometry products and applications will be presented throughout the ASMS conference at a number of venues and events: two ASMS lunch-time technical workshops are planned for Tuesday and Thursday in room 406.