Thermo Fisher Scientific Showcases Innovations at Biotechnica 2011
Complete the form below to unlock access to ALL audio articles.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. will showcase its latest technological innovations in analytical instruments, laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents within Thermo Scientific Stand G53, Hall 9 at Biotechnica 2011, being held Oct. 11-13, in Hannover, Germany.
In addition, as part of the Innovation Forum during Biotechnica, the company will detail its new Thermo Scientific Direct PCR portfolio in a presentation entitled “Versatile tools for molecular biology workflows.”
The Innovation Forum will begin at 2:45 p.m. on Oct. 13, in Stand F69, Hall 9 and will focus on methods for optimizing molecular biology workflows. These workflows - from nucleic acid purification to amplification of target sequences using PCR - demand precision in each step to maintain the integrity of downstream data.
For target sequence amplification, the Thermo Scientific PCR product line offers a complete portfolio of reagents, instruments and plastics.
The Thermo Scientific PCR line offers significant time- and cost-saving advantages by enabling amplification without purification. This is possible because robust Thermo Scientific Phusion and Phire DNA polymerase enzymes incorporate fusion protein technology, in which a dsDNA binding domain is attached to the polymerase to enhance their PCR performance.
As a result, when combined with the Thermo Scientific Piko thermal cycler and ultra-thin walled plastics, an entire amplification protocol can be completed in 30 minutes.
Visit Thermo Scientific Stand G53, Hall 9 at Biotechnica 2011 to see the latest innovations in:
• PCR Reagents, Thermal Cyclers and Consumables
• Reagents for Molecular Biology
• High-Performance, Ultra Low Temperature Freezers
• High-Productivity Centrifuges and Carbon Fiber Rotors
• Flexible Liquid Handling and Microplate Instrumentation Solutions
• Advanced CO2 and Microbiological Incubators and Ovens
• Cell Culture and Sample Storage Systems
• Industry-leading Water Purification and Shakers
• Smart Vue Wireless Monitoring Solutions