New Qubit 4 – Sensitive Quantification of DNA or RNA
Featured Product Nov 06, 2018
The new Invitrogen™ Qubit™ 4 Fluorometer is designed to quickly and selectively measure DNA or RNA. The Qubit 4 Fluorometer can also measure RNA integrity and quality.
Key features of the Qubit 4 Fluorometer include:
• More sensitive than UV absorbance–based quantification, making it ideal for precious samples
• Accurately quantifies DNA or RNA in <3 seconds per sample
• Fast, reliable detection of degraded RNA with the new Invitrogen™ Qubit™ RNA IQ assay
• New integrated reagent calculator reports amount of dye and buffer needed
• Uses as little as 1 μL of sample
RNA Quality and Integrity Assessment with the Invitrogen Qubit RNA IQ Assay
Developed to quickly assess the quality and integrity of an RNA sample, this assay works by utilizing two unique dyes—one that binds to large, intact and/or structured RNA, the other selectively binds to small, degraded RNA.
A proprietary algorithm is used to report a quality score representative of the ratio of small and large and/or structured RNA in the sample. The score is a value from 1 to 10, similar to other RNA quality scores. With the Qubit RNA IQ Assay, a small number indicates that the sample is comprised of mainly small RNA and a larger number indicates that the sample consists of mainly large RNA or RNA with tertiary structure.