Superbugs & Superdrugs USA
Event Nov 12 - Nov 13, 2018
Location: New Jersey, USA
To address the ever-growing need of informative and thought-provoking discussions, SMi 3rd annual Superbugs & Superdrugs USA conference will offer a jam-packed agenda with presentations from key industry leaders and up-and-coming thinkers, within the field.
This years' Superbugs & Superdrugs USA conference programme will help participants to learn about pathogen focused drug development; discover the best methods to overcome bacterial resistance through novel modes of action; discuss the state of developments within the antifungal space; develop an understanding of funding opportunities which support antibacterial research and development; gain insight into new techniques through case-study examples of rapid diagnostic methods currently being used within the field, making this event the perfect platform to strengthen knowledge in key principles.
• Anthony Simon Lynch, Senior Scientific Director, Janssen
• William Weiss, Director, Pre-Clinical Services, UNT Health Science Center
• Tina Guina, Program Officer, Drug Development Section, NIAID/NIH
• Mark Albrecht, Project Officer, HHS/ASPR/BARDA
• Antonio DiGiandomenico, Principal Scientist, MedImmune
• Andrew Tomaras, VP & Director of Microbiology, Bacterioscan
• Dan Pevear, Sr Vice President & Director of Microbiology, VenatoRx
• Ian Friedland, Clinical Consultant, ex-CMO, Achaogen
Plus, topical workshops on November 14:
• Rapid diagnostics for drug resistance: Are we there yet?
• Avoiding the post antibiotic era: the challenges and solutions to successful commercialisation of new antibiotics