Advanced BioMatrix Acquires HyStem® from Lineage Cell Therapeutics
Product News Jan 15, 2020
Advanced BioMatrix has acquired the HyStem® line of products from Lineage Cell Therapeutics – previously BioTime/ESI Bio/Glycosan.
HyStem® kits are based on thiolated hyaluronic acid technology. With HyStem®, researchers can create customizable 3D hydrogels for culturing cells whose natural environment is rich in hyaluronic acid.
This acquisition includes the transfer of technology, intellectual property, know-how and assets for the manufacturing and sale of HyStem® products for research and development purposes. ABM and LTC are working closely together to ensure an efficient and seamless handover of the manufacturing, testing and distribution of products to users of the HyStem® products.
ABM began providing and distributing HyStem® products on October 1, 2019. ABM plans to manufacture and supply the full product line including HyStem®, HyStem-C® and HyStem-HP® kits, as well as the individual kit components in bulk format.
Advanced BioMatrix plans to implement the following:
- Production of HyStem® products in state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and cleanrooms.
- More rigorous quality control testing - rheology, viscosity and additional quality control tests on each batch of material to measure and control the consistency of HyStem® hydrogels.
- Stringent manufacturing protocols and specifications to ensure product lot-to-lot consistency.
- Provide a Certificate of Analysis for each batch of product.
- Utilization of the Advanced BioMatrix extensive distribution networks to minimize international shipping delays.