Exemplar LIMS Accelerates Mitomics CLIA Certification and Serves as Foundation of Operations
News Nov 29, 2011
Mitomics Inc., a pioneer in the development of molecular tests based on the mitochondrial genome, has implemented Sapio Sciences Exemplar LIMS where it serves a foundational role in the operations of Mitomics. Phase One of the project was implemented in an unprecedented 3 months and encompassed a large scope including a fully electronic process for physician test requests of the Prostate Core Mitomic Test (PCMTTM), to detailed lab processing workflows. Since then the lab operations have been refined and the Exemplar LIMS has been programmed for data exchange with Mitomics partners using the industry standard HL7 format
The full range of operations that Exemplar supports includes:
- A series of HIPAA/HITECH-compliant Mitomics branded custom web interfaces for:
o Sales support, enabling physician registration in Exemplar and viewing physician activity
o Ordering physicians, facilitating test requisition, status tracking, and report delivery
o Logistics support, expediting the dispatch and delivery of PCMT collection kits to participating pathology labs across the country.
- Mitomics branded requisition and report PDF generation
- Complete workflow tracking (Electronic Lab Notebook) and documentation of sample processing from DNA extraction to PCR including quantitative assessments, reagent calculations, etc. as part of CLIA compliance
- Sample management features
- Assay data loading and management completely within the LIMS
- Complete implementation of multi-level and electronic test result approvals
- Billing integration with third party provider for expedient processing of payments
- Health records exchange in standard HL7 format for requisition and test results exchange with third parties
“The fact that a project of this scope was completed in highly compressed timeframe is a testament to the ease with which Exemplar can be adapted to any environment, and to the skills of our staff who worked on the implementation,” says Eric Price, Implementation Team Lead at Sapio. “Mitomics has been a great partner and we look forward to our continued support of their diagnostics business as they bring new and innovative diagnostic products to market“.
“We have been very pleased with Sapio Sciences Exemplar LIMS system, particularly the ability of it to adapt to our business in such a rapid fashion. With the anticipated launch of further Mitomic tests over the coming months, we are confident that these new Mitomic tests will be efficiently integrated into our Exemplar LIMS system, including lab work flows, order entry, reporting, and data exchange”, says Jason Dulude, Chief Financial Officer at Mitomics.
Sysmex Partners with Laboratories to Deliver Improved QC ManagementNews
Sysmex America has announced its latest innovation: a way to make quality assurance easier and more risk free than manual quality control processes.READ MORE
New Algorithms Help Extract 3-D Biological Structure from Limited DataNews
CAMERA researchers capitalize on their Multi-Tiered Iterative Phasing approach to determine molecular structure of proteins and viruses from X-ray free electron laser data.READ MORE
Comments | 0 ADD COMMENT
EMBL Course: Introduction to Next Generation Sequencing
Apr 09 - Apr 12, 2018
EMBL Course: RNA Sequencing Library Preparation - How Low Can You Go?
Mar 19 - Mar 23, 2018
EMBL Course: Analysis and Integration of Transcriptome and Proteome Data
Mar 12 - Mar 16, 2018