LIMS Industry Roundup 28/06/18
News Jun 28, 2018
The latest LIMS Roundup from Technology Network brings you the biggest stories and announcements in LIMS.
- SLIMS Version 6.2 has been Released
- Tree View Control Added To Matrix Gemini LIMS
- GE Aims to Bring Greater Productivity to Drug Discovery with its New High Capacity System
- Spectro Scientific Introduces TruVu 360™ Enterprise Fluid Intelligence Platform
- SOPHiA GENETICS Acquires Interactive Biosoftware to Drive Growth
- Advanced Autosampler and Liquid Handling System Improves Lab Productivity
- Streaming Protocol Makes Gene Data Sharing Future-Proof
- 3P Biopharmaceuticals Incorporates a LIMS, a Laboratory Information Management System
Researchers have conducted the first analysis of Bitcoin power consumption based on empirical data. They found that the cryptocurrency's carbon emissions measure up to those of Kansas City--or a small nation. The study suggests that cryptocurrencies contribute to global carbon emissions, an issue that must be considered in climate change mitigation efforts.READ MORE
As electronics become smaller and faster, the adoption of "wearables", like smart watches, has increased. However, like regular computers, wearables are vulnerable to conventional hacking. What if we could use the human body itself to transfer and collect information? This area of research is known as human body communication (HBC).