LIMS Industry Roundup 28/06/18
News Jun 28, 2018
The latest LIMS Roundup from Technology Network brings you the biggest stories and announcements in LIMS.
- SLIMS Version 6.2 has been Released
- Tree View Control Added To Matrix Gemini LIMS
- GE Aims to Bring Greater Productivity to Drug Discovery with its New High Capacity System
- Spectro Scientific Introduces TruVu 360™ Enterprise Fluid Intelligence Platform
- SOPHiA GENETICS Acquires Interactive Biosoftware to Drive Growth
- Advanced Autosampler and Liquid Handling System Improves Lab Productivity
- Streaming Protocol Makes Gene Data Sharing Future-Proof
- 3P Biopharmaceuticals Incorporates a LIMS, a Laboratory Information Management System
NIH Clinical Center Releases Data Trove of 32,000 CT ImagesNews
The National Institutes of Health’s Clinical Center has made a large-scale dataset of CT images publicly available to help the scientific community improve detection accuracy of lesions. While most publicly available medical image datasets have less than a thousand lesions, this dataset, named DeepLesion, has over 32,000.
Analytical Tool Predicts Disease-Causing GenesNews
Predicting genes that can cause disease due to the production of truncated or altered proteins that take on a new or different function, rather than those that lose their function, is now possible thanks to an international team of researchers that has developed a new analytical tool to effectively and efficiently predict such candidate genes.
Researchers Move Closer to Completely Optical Artificial Neural NetworkNews
Researchers have shown that it is possible to train artificial neural networks directly on an optical chip. The significant breakthrough demonstrates that an optical circuit can perform a critical function of an electronics-based artificial neural network and could lead to less expensive, faster and more energy efficient ways to perform complex tasks such as speech or image recognition.