Accelrys Unveils Enterprise-Wide Cheminformatics Suite
Accelrys, Inc. (NASDAQ:ACCL), a leading scientific enterprise R&D software and services company, today announced the new Accelrys Cheminformatics Suite, providing R&D organizations with the most robust, end-to-end solution available to register, search, mine and analyze information on chemical structures and reactions, chemically modified sequences and associated data such as inventory, assay and analytical results. Industry-leading Cheminformatics applications and tools from Accelrys provide real-time access to pertinent information, an integrated environment for information analysis and reporting with reduced IT overhead and effort.
The Accelrys Cheminformatics Suite features an all-new Web-based chemical registration system that gives scientists a simple, intuitive way to register the molecules they create, and an update to the industry-leading chemical data cartridge for managing structure and reaction databases in the Oracle® environment. The Suite helps scientists make critical decisions, enabling them to efficiently search and access vast amounts of project-specific data and quickly distill the important information through interactive visual analysis. Built on the Accelrys R&D platform, the Cheminformatics Suite underpins the Data Management and Informatics pillar of the Accelrys Enterprise R&D Architecture.
"For more than twenty-five years Accelrys has been a leading provider of enterprise Cheminformatics software for R&D organizations around the world," said Accelrys President and Chief Executive Officer Max Carnecchia. "As these organizations expand their global networks and increasingly rely on external collaborators, they need updated informatics solutions that are aligned with how they do R&D. Our new Cheminformatics Suite is an essential tool for our customers, supporting their commitment to bring innovative products to market efficiently today and well into the future."
The Cheminformatics Suite meets the end-to-end needs of scientists to access, manage, analyze, report and share scientific information in a unified environment that ensures consistency, accuracy and completeness of the chemistry and associated data being represented. Key applications include:
• Accelrys Chemical and Biological Registration — Secure capture and management of small molecules, biological entities and reactions from within a Web client or from another application such as an electronic lab notebook via Web services
• Accelrys Database Search and Visualization — Web-based data access, searching and mining capabilities and visual data exploration
• Accelrys Draw — Accurate, industry-standard structure drawing, editing and viewing for small molecules, reactions, biological sequences and chemically intelligent queries
• Accelrys Isentris — Data access, searching and mining capabilities, synthesis planning and visual exploration through desktop and Microsoft Excel-based clients
• Accelrys Direct — Industry-leading data cartridge for registering, searching and retrieving molecules, reactions and chemically modified biologics in Oracle® databases
• HEOS® by SCYNEXIS — Cloud-based system supporting real-time data sharing for multi-company collaborative discovery projects
Announcing Accelrys Chemical Registration 3.0
Accelrys Chemical Registration is an intuitive, easy-to-use, Web-based application that supports zero-install deployment. Graphically built Pipeline Pilot protocols make the application easy to configure and extend to satisfy business and application requirements. Built-in Web service capabilities streamline scientific workflows by enabling scientists to register molecules directly from other software applications including Electronic Lab Notebooks. The underlying architecture supports fast and easy database schema configuration, making it possible for research IT to configure additional attributes for chemical entities without having to customize the database and application.
Announcing Accelrys Direct 8.0
In today's increasingly integrated chemical and biological R&D environment, the latest version of the industry-leading Accelrys Direct data cartridge enables multidisciplinary project teams to explore novel macromolecular sequences and chemical structures stored in a single corporate registry. Accelrys Direct also integrates enhancements derived from the Accelrys Pipeline Pilot and Accord cartridges to enhance scalability while offering improved capabilities in handling Markush homology groups.