Genedata Screener® Version 14
Product News Oct 05, 2016
Genedata has announced Genedata Screener® version 14. As the leading platform for all in-vitro screening, the newest version of Genedata Screener further accelerates analysis of assays with more automation and guided workflow support. Version 14 deepens compound qualification from biological assays by providing compound-centric overviews and results across experiments, sub-experiments, assay groups, and panels. This new version also brings to market new capabilities for collaborative pharmaceutical research.
Screening Platform of Choice for More than 50% of the World's Top 25 Pharmaceutical Research Firms
Global adoption of Genedata Screener continues to increase rapidly. More than half of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies plus some of the world's most innovative research institutions use Genedata Screener to analyze, visualize, and manage screening data from in-vitro screening assay technologies.
Providing a single platform for all screening processes across an enterprise, version 14's enhanced automation and workflow support makes it easier than ever for all types of users – from beginners to experts – to quickly capitalize on data generated by screening experiments. Genedata Screener 14 further raises the efficiency of complex screening processes by:
• providing industry best-practice workflows, including step-by-step data analysis guidance for screening analysis harmonization and increased result quality;
• including new industrial-scale dose-response curve fitting and review procedures, in particular for more complex screening technologies;
• automating analysis across assays such as routine selectivity determination;
• enabling direct access to high content screening images next to all experimental data and analysis results;
• single sign-on for quick and easy access to all Screener modules; and
• customizable reports that include all calculations and visualizations.
The platform provides a new level of early-stage compound qualification for improved decision-making in discovery projects. Researchers are now able to collate per compound all assay results and manually or automatically qualify the compound (i.e. toxicity, mechanism-of-action) with a side-by-side comparison of alternate analysis models and visualizations.
Heightened Support for Collaboration Among Pharmas and CROs
Automation and standardization, which drive enterprise-wide collaboration, have long been hallmarks of the Genedata Screener platform. Screener 14 extends these capabilities to a pharmaceutical company's external partners such as contract research organizations (CROs). It enables different levels of exchange, including:
• automatic generation of customer-specific reports for subsequent manual result sharing;
• sending and receiving raw data and results easily in a safe and controlled way between two companies using Screener, across corporate firewalls; and
• partners sign on to a Guest Server that safely provides access to in-house analysis methods.
"Genedata Screener is the platform of choice for leading pharmaceutical companies worldwide because they believe it is the best product on the market, which provides the greatest return on their investment," said Dr. Othmar Pfannes, CEO of Genedata. "With the latest version, we now enable our customers to extend the product's value to their partners. We do, of course, remain committed to further product development in close collaboration with our own partners to support evolving new technologies and innovative research processes. Through our collaborations, Genedata Screener will continue to be the platform of choice for all screening applications."