Paragon Software Introduces Industry’s First Image Backup for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 with ReFS File System Support, Available for Free Download to IT Professionals and PC Enthusiasts
Product News Aug 10, 2012
Paragon Software Group (PSG), a leader in data backup, disaster recovery, and data migration solutions, has announced the release of Paragon Image Backup for Windows 8 and Server 2012, a complete backup and recovery software tool for all Windows 8 versions, including the new RTM. Targeted to IT professionals and technology enthusiasts exploring Windows 8, Paragon Image Backup for Windows 8 and Server 2012 supports the new Windows Server 2012 Resilient File System (ReFS) – which is highly resistant to corruptions and storage failures, is optimized for storing large files and data, and enables users to work with ultra-large volume sizes – allowing quick and easy creation of ReFS partition images.
Testing a new OS always introduces the risk of third-party software incompatibility or system corruption. To avoid the possibility of losing valuable data, Paragon Image Backup for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 allows users to create a backup image of the system, and restore it under Linux or directly on Windows any time it is needed. Paragon Image Backup for Windows 8 and Server 2012 is based on Paragon’s Universal File System Driver technology, integrating the company's 18 years of file system development experience.
“For anyone interested in the latest Windows 8-generation family but are having concerns about the system’s safety, Paragon Image Backup for Windows 8 and Server 2012 ensures complete protection as the first and only backup and recovery tool available for the newest Windows OS, demonstrating Paragon’s market-leading position in data security for the entire file system spectrum,” commented Konstantin Komarov, CEO of Paragon Software.
- Support for the latest Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012;
- Full ReFS read/write support under Windows;
- Read only access to unmounted ReFS volumes under Linux and Windows environments;
- Support for the new ReFS: backup, restore, and browsing under Windows and Linux;
- Live Windows backup. Create an image-based copy of the whole disk system, or separate volumes and place them locally, to CD/DVD/BD, or on the net. The use of Paragon disk-imaging technology and Microsoft VSS (Volume Shadow Copy Service) tackles the problem of backing up running applications and system locked files.
- Flexible recovery. Restore the whole backup image, or only particular files under Windows or from the Linux/DOS recovery environment.
- Additional maintenance functions. The Linux/DOS recovery environment includes basic functions for initializing, partitioning and formatting hard disks.